Re: Sims suddenly just stand there idle

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you try a complete fresh save to see if it also happens there.

Are you using no custom content or just no mods in your game ?

How big is your save game ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 30 (2,097 Views)

★★ Apprentice

tried a new save using "Save As" and it's still happening, and I took out all mods and CC from my game when trying a new save and when I re-installed the game and let it generate a new Sims 4 folder.  

I attached my DxDiag

Message 22 of 30 (2,070 Views)

Hero

Could you try a new game with the new game button ? You don't have to delete your old one or anything this is just a test to see if it's related to your save game or a general issue on your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 30 (2,064 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's working now.  No idea what caused it, but my game seems to be back to normal.

Message 24 of 30 (2,034 Views)

Hero

Good to hear.

Feel free to come back if the issue re-occurs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 30 (2,024 Views)

★★ Apprentice

false alarm.  It's happening again, and I honestly have no idea what is doing it at this point.  I've pulled my entire mods folders out, my tray folder.....I've only left my Saves in thie sims 4 folder at this point and when I test, my sims all stop and idle.  I'm about to just uninstall Sims 4 all together and not bother playing it anymore.  I'm beyond frustrated at this point that this keeps happening ad that I can't play my game!

Message 26 of 30 (2,018 Views)

Hero

Did you try a new save for testing purposes as outlined above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 30 (2,009 Views)

★★ Apprentice

As in start a new household anduse that as a save file or backup my current save file and start Sims 4 as a completely new game?

Message 28 of 30 (2,001 Views)

Hero

Try both.

The completely new save would be more interesting though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 30 (1,996 Views)

★★ Apprentice

FINALLY got it working again.

New save with a new household ended up with the same results with everyone going idle.  Backed up my households and lots to the gallery and completely deleted my original saves folder from the Sims 4 folder in My documents and started a fresh game with only my original custom Music, Mods, and tray folders.  Moved everything and everyone back into their respective homes and everything is running like normal so far.

Message 30 of 30 (1,988 Views)