Original Post

Highlighted

Re: BUG REPORT: Sims suddently just stand there idle

★★ Novice

especially when woodworking

Message 11 of 30 (6,735 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue. So frustrating. It takes my sims 2 hours to fry an egg and another 2 hours to eat it b/c of how long they stand just staring at nothing.  They pee themselves b/c they stand for an hour after I tell them to use the bathroom.  Honestly, I don't remember of having this sort of issue on Sims 3. 

Message 12 of 30 (6,237 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 30 (6,228 Views)

Re: Sims suddenly just stand there idle

★★★ Newbie

My sims are doing the same thing I believe. I can no longer play because they stand around idle and do not follow any commands. if I try too many tasks etc, the sims disappear and reappear at the front of my lot. it has become unplayable. 

i deleted who it happened to and then I tried making new sims in new worlds and plots and it happened to them too. 

Message 14 of 30 (6,223 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 30 (6,219 Views)

★★ Novice
I have had this problem forever. In fact, only my oldest family has the issue. I move out their children as they grow up and the children are fine but this family always does this. I moved to a different lot, removed mods, cleared the files, and then killed grandpa since the problem actually originated when lineage was added and my sims forgot their dead parents and grandpa forgot his wife. The problem is..."less" now, but persistent. I can barely get anything done in this family. Honestly, as much as I love game packs and expansions, especially in Sims 4, I would rather the gurus work on the big bugs first. For example, this routing issue and the broken hospital that sims can NEVER give birth in, because the staff isn't there or when they are they just stand around never doing anything... I really believe that this is also tied to this odd routing problem. Which would make sense, considering that lineage (generations) and Get To Work were released around the same time. In fact, the hospital birthing issue is persistent across ALL households. Seriously, just put the Kids Pack and Backyard Pack on the back burner and focus on the bugs first.
Message 16 of 30 (6,190 Views)

Hero

I don't have any issues with the birth unless my pregnant Sim is due to work at the same time.

Did you try replacing the hospital with a fresh copy ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 30 (6,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm having this problem now as well.  I've tried all the troubleshooting solutions I've been able to find online, and it's still happening.  When I load into a household, the sims will work fine for the first few seconds, they just stop doing anything and just stand there idle, both controlled and non-controlled. 

Autonomy is set to High, I tried moving my households out then back in, evicted them then moved them back into the world via gallery, repaired the game, backed up files, deleted Sims 4 folder and let the game generate a new one, uninstalled and re-installed with no mods, and it's still happening.  I have no idea what is causing it. 

Message 18 of 30 (5,880 Views)

Hero

Hi @CrimsonNephilim

did you also try a new save or is this all happening on the same save game ?

Any special interaction it gets stuck on or just generally ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 30 (5,862 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Generally and on the same save game.  I always save using "Save As".  I tried switching to different households and it happens no matter the sim I am playing.  All sims will be working fine, then suddenly they all just stop moving, but remain in whatever pose they were in mid-action.  I tried using the cheat "resetsim" and "sims.hard_reset", and it will get rid of any actions that are queued, but none of the sims will move.

Message 20 of 30 (5,847 Views)