Sims suddenly just stand there idle

by sarnokh

Original Post

Sims suddenly just stand there idle

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have played my 5 people family for some time, but suddenly my Sims seem to be entirely apathic. They stand there for hours, doing nothing anymore, standing around in an idle animation, but not moving an inch, unless I command them to do something. They use the toilet, eat and sleep when the need is red, but they do nothing else at all.

I tried to change options, I had them set to active, and it had worked all the time. I had this bug so far only with Sims I played longer in a career. My Sims I played only briefly remained actived. I moved these Sims out into a new house, where they resumed activity, but when I moved them back into their old house, they again just stood there. I built that house extra for them, so I dont wan't to abandon this house or this family. But it is unplayable now for me.

Is that some known bug? I didn't change any options, either. I reset options, I used the debug reset. Nothing. I really have this nagging feeling it starts to get worse the longer I play. (Like, the longer I play the faster stuff gets broken, until virtually every 15 minutes a toilet or sink broke.)

Their idle animation looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMUI2uhJztU

IMPORTANT: I had a long thread in the community forum, where we tried out various solutions:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/789550/help-sims-suddently-just-stand-there/p1

- it was clear the options were not the issue. The game was set to free will.

- The Sims family did act normal when visiting another place.

- The Sims family acted normal moving into another house, but when moved back into the original house, they returned to be idle.

- The Sims lived in a house I made, they lived in it a long time, and I placed various career items, frogs, stones they gathered asf.

- Someone else downloaded my house and had the same issue, so it was NOT limited to just my computer! (IMPORTANT)
- 2 other people I know have the same issue, both ONLY with families who had a career and they had played a longer time

- Conicidentally the furniture seemed to break more and more frequent, but this may or may not be related.

- Changing to another family and then back did not help.

- Resetting the Sims did not help.

IMPORTANT: When I moved the Sims out, removed ALL furniture, moved them back and and started to redecorate all anew, they apparently seemed to behave normal again. So apparently some furniture may cause this. Maybe not immediately, but cumulative. This is a not easy to get issue, so I assume it is created cumulative over time. I did change nothing, but all of a sudden this passiveness began. Please look into this!

I have uploaded the house as "Riverside Motel" as my ID "elikal71", and also my family "Hardy", which I play in it. You may try to see it for yourself if you can replicate the bug. I will anwer all questions. The forum thread from the Sims forum has some discussion with ideas of others, too.

Message 1 of 30 (32,594 Views)

Re: BUG REPORT: Sims suddently just stand there idle

Hero

This is about free will not working, right ? 

They are not completely stuck ?

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (32,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Indeed, the free will seems to stop working. They stand in some idle animation, but they are not stuck. I can command to do them anything, but they stop acting out of their free will with 3 exceptions: Bladder, Hunger and Sleep. If these desires fall into deep orange, they will satisfy them. But nothing else. You can see the idle animation in my video.

Message 3 of 30 (32,493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Exactly the same problem (I went through your post exchange here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/789550/help-sims-suddently-just-stand-there/p2 ).

Very frustrating.

EDIT: I have actually found the culprit of this bug - a shelf with toys that my sims couldn't reach. After deleting it everything got back to normal.

Message 4 of 30 (32,403 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

So it seems that routing issues can cause this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 30 (32,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I just started to having the same problem. So how do we fix it? I tried to rearrange The furniture
Message 6 of 30 (32,104 Views)

Hero

Did you try if moving out and back in via manage world helps ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 30 (32,088 Views)

★★ Novice

yes. I made a whole different game. new house new family eeverything and its still happening. I thought i made have had the graphics to high so i lower it and still happens but now if i pause it for a while then resume they go back to normal.

Message 8 of 30 (32,026 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 30 (32,017 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having not the exact same but a similar issue. Since some time my sims started to stay idle and wait for hours before starting their next action. Like i.e I command my sim to prepare a meal, she wents and stands in front of the fridge for a while, takes the food out, goes to the counter and places the cutting board, she stands there for an hour and she places the ingredients, then waits again before starting to prepare it.... this goes on like this. Same with eating, cleaning, showering, gardening anythink you can think of.

Message 10 of 30 (31,884 Views)