Sims stuck in school state.

by sb905

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims stuck in school state.

★★★★ Novice

Hey guys,

So since the update Oct 27th my game has completely broken, My teenagers went to school came back and are greyed out I have tried everything! I can't get them to leave school early in fact once its happened they won't even go back to school. I cant access there inventory because they game just says they are not here. If i go to a community lot they get stuck at it and i'm unable to get them home or find my sims. I've tried evicting the household and putting them in a new lot and the bug is still there. I've disabled all mods and still get the same bug. I've tried using reset sim that doesn't work either. It's made my game unplayable at it's current state and would appreciate if you have any ideas?

Thanks =]

Message 1 of 8 (4,729 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Get To Work related - Issue of One sim went to work and One sims is in vacat

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

If you saved the game with outdated mods in, it's possible that you corrupted your save game. In this case, try a http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (5,076 Views)

All Replies

Re: Get To Work related - Issue of One sim went to work and One sims is in vacat

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

If you saved the game with outdated mods in, it's possible that you corrupted your save game. In this case, try a http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (5,077 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey,

Thank you this has fixed my game doing a reset Standard smile as explained above Standard smile much appreciated!

Message 3 of 8 (4,697 Views)

Hero

Glad to hear that :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (4,692 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm still having this issue after trying these steps. I see even in the latest update they addressed it but it's STILL not fixed for me. I don't have ANY mods. My game is up to date, I've tried resetting my sim, moving her out and back in. Nothing works. I've been playing for years and this is the first time I've ever had this issue. It started after the mom went to her acting job and the daughter was at school. When mom came home (I was with her at work) the daughter was stuck at school, could not complete homework or "leave school early". She's just "at school" forever. It's unfortunate too because this is my legacy game.

Message 5 of 8 (3,370 Views)

Hero
@Violapunk Could you try aging her up and back down ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (3,354 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Oh my god I think that worked! It still has the little "work normally" thing on her portrait but honestly if that's the worst of it I don't care. 

Hopefully that goes away eventually but this worked, thank you!!

Message 7 of 8 (3,339 Views)

Hero
@Violapunk Good to hear. Hope it's not happening again.

If it does, could you please create a new report in the bug forum ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (3,326 Views)