Re: Sims stop responding to commands or queue.

by wallaosg

Original Post

Sims stop responding to commands or queue

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions but seasons, All game packs, All stuff packs besides laundry day, toddler, fitness, backyard, perfect patio, and luxury owned.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure how to find the bug yourselves
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims just ignore queue and just stand around, typically happens when multiple sims are on the lot specifically when there is a need in the red.
What do you expect to see? My sims responding to commands or anything at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello,

I have an issue where my sims and all others on the active lot, fail to react or listen to commands. The queue wont freeze, I can add to it and remove things from it but they do not follow the commands or do anything at all. This seems to happen when there are more than one sim on the lot at a time and mainly when there is a need in the red. 

Message 1 of 12 (1,069 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,055 Views)

★ Guide

I'm kinda having the same problem. While my sims do stand around a lot. My sims queue completely fills up with "Pet (animals name)". Without me going anything, they'll do it on there own. There will but over ten of them and they'll quickly disappears and comes back over and over again within seconds. 

Message 3 of 12 (1,040 Views)

Hero
That sounds like this issue and not the same as OP: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Pet-Filling-Queue-Task-List/m-p/6699614

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,030 Views)

★ Guide

@psamteck Hello, your sims live in what city?

Message 5 of 12 (1,021 Views)

★★ Novice

In Oasis springs

Message 6 of 12 (1,011 Views)

★★ Novice

I attached the dxdiag to my original post

Message 7 of 12 (1,010 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
Message 8 of 12 (1,001 Views)

Hero

Hi @psamteck

your specs look fine. Graphics drivers could do with an update but I doubt that's the issue.

as we're having a patch tomorrow which is an EP patch and from experience rather big, I'm going to hold off with further troubleshooting with you until after the patch.

Please retest after tomorrows patch and we'll go from there.

@wallaosg

yours is very specific. There's all kinds of freezes and lags so for now, it's probably best to either merge all with autonomy lag thread or leave separate which I'm going to hold off doing till after EP patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (959 Views)

★★ Novice
That's what I'm hoping for is the next patch fixing it. Also hoping they don't delay it again.
Message 10 of 12 (948 Views)