Re: Sims stop cooking in the middle of the action

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims stop cooking in the middle of the action

★★★ Novice

So for about two weeks now about 50% of the time, my sim will begin cooking (chopping whatever on the counter) then randomly stop and get the bubble over his head that his path is blocked.  There is nothing in the way, nothing in the stove, and no objects over the stove that would interfere in any way. I thought I had solved this deleting my mods but it started happening again literally a day later. I have tried repairing my game every time this happens to no avail. There is nothing in my cache folder to clear either. I have tried to debug objects as well with testingcheats and nothing seems to fix this. 

Message 1 of 6 (3,296 Views)

Hero

This is caused by incompatible cc sofas/benches/beds

A lot of cc/mods have been outdated with the c&d patch and need updating. Sims4Studio has batch fixes for most cc issues now. You can google that. You'll be using the program at your own risk as it's third party.

Here's a list of broken stuff: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1

The list is not complete so there might be other mods causing issues.

You must update or remove incompatible mods or you will run into issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (3,281 Views)

★★★ Novice
I’ve already deleted all mods and cc and I’m still having the issue with a fresh game.
Message 3 of 6 (3,276 Views)

Hero

Did you also delete your cache files ? Try renaming the user folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (3,271 Views)

★★★ Novice
My cache folder is always empty so there is nothing to delete. I have not renamed any files.
Message 5 of 6 (3,263 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (3,257 Views)