Sims stand still forever

by Ashlylovett

Original Post

Sims stand still forever

★★★ Newbie

I have 4 issues:

1. Often my Sims will stand for 30 in-game mintues before performing a task. Its kinda lame. I'm not sure what to do and I don't think it is my computer system.

2. When my child sim makes friends with other child sims on a community lot they can't ever contact them again because the new relationship doesn't show up in their social contacts.

3. I sometimes can't place downloaded rooms from the Community. And sometimes my profile wont load.

4. My child and teen sims sometimes loose their homework. If I can't find the homework books, my sims performance is hindered. They dont always put it back in their inventory.

I have a mac that is running bootcamp PC.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

CPU: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3615QM CPU @ 2.30 GHz  2.30 Ghz

RAM: 16G

64-bit Operating System

GPU: GeForce GT 650M

Also here is a list of features I wish they would bring back:

- Being able to invite familiy member's friends to social events.

- Being able to set ownership of items (beds, tablets, etc)

- Having Sims keep items in their inventory. Often I'll give my sims a insturment or clay or a tablet. Every time they use it they place it somewhere in the world and not back in their inventory.

- Locking doors. In Sims3 you could set the doors to (Only me, Only my Household, etc)

- Emotional reaction to events happening to other sims. For example if the son catches the mom cheating with the maid, the son would get the "betrayal" moodlet like in Sims 3

-  I think if a sim is cheated on, divorced, or has a death of a loved one...they should be sad and/or angry regardless of the other moodlet boosts. I had a wife catch her husband cheating and she was mad for a few mintues and then bounced back to confident. Also the sim didn't have a negative relationship reaction with either the husband or mistress. Not very realistic.

Message 1 of 3 (1,037 Views)

Re: Sims stand still forever

Hero
  1. Not sure, could be related to running bootcamp. I don't know enough about it to answer your question. Mac version is coming next week and you'll get it for free so that may solve the issue.
  2. Known bug. Please post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/child-sims-can-not-make-friends/m-p/3509749
  3. That has also be an issue for many. Maxis fixed a few issue regarding this. There's a thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Can-t-place-rooms-uploaded-from-community/td-p/35374...
  4. You can buy new homework at any bookshelf.

For your feedback, please use the official Sims forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,024 Views)

Re: Sims stand still forever

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your response. It was very helpful. I'll download the game on my Mac and see if it resolves the other issues.

Message 3 of 3 (1,007 Views)