Sims' sleep meter will not go up

by sunflowerplays1

Original Post

Sims' sleep meter will not go up

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Eco Living, Game packs: Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Stuff Packs: My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Set time speed to normal - 1 2. Get a sim to sleep (I tried with young adult and toddler) 3. The asleep buff will appear, and the sleep meter will go up accordingly (like before this bug) 4. Set time speed to fastest - 3 5. The sleep meter will not go up faster, but the time will (the minute will become a blur, like when sims usually sleep)
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims' status is asleep, but the sleep meter only goes up as slow as it would on the regular speed. When sped up to the faster time speed, the sleep meter does not speed up.
What do you expect to see? The sleep meter should fill up at different speeds depending on the time speed you're on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The update that came with ladders. Still occurs after the patch today. (June 4) I purchased parenthood on June 1 and there was no bug when I played until June 3.

I've only played as a toddler and a young adult. So I cannot vouch for the other ages having the same bug, but it seems likely.

Message 1 of 9 (1,066 Views)

Re: Sims' sleep meter will not go up

Hero
@sunflowerplays1 Are you playing in a house or apartment ? Does this happen for all your families ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,030 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been playing in the apartment 910 Medina Studios, of a family of a YA and toddler. I haven't played another family yet.

Message 3 of 9 (1,009 Views)

Hero
@sunflowerplays1 Seems to be working fine for me in an apartment.

Could you test a house to see if you see the same as well as post a video of what you're seeing ?

Maybe it's something similar to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Needs-bars-quickly-declining-into-the-red-since-June-4-patch/t... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (999 Views)

Hero
@sunflowerplays1 Have you been able to test a house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (932 Views)

Hero
@sunflowerplays1 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (913 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been testing and playing with other households, and the problem seems to lie in the time speed. When the sims are sleeping, the time meter will blur, but it will not actually move faster. Therefore leading me to believe the sims are not gaining sleep. 

Message 7 of 9 (901 Views)

Hero
@sunflowerplays1 So like time gets stuck ? Is it the same time when you go back to normal ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (899 Views)

★★ Novice

not exactly, the time (when put on speed 3 and the minute is blurred) will not move any faster than if it were set on normal. So when my sims are sleeping and it is 10pm in game, I'd put the time speed on three and see the blur. But I can see that the bolded number here (10:12) does not actually move any faster. When I change it back to normal time speed, the time moves at the same speed. This is a bit hard for me to explain, sorry!

Message 9 of 9 (894 Views)