Re: Sims refuses to download: Files in use or missing

by Maxjeuh_PRO

Original Post

Sims refuses to download: Files in use or missing

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I was recently playing TS4 and exited the game to find myself some cc. However, I never got to find cc because I noticed that TS4 shortcuts were missing. When I checked the game files I still couldn’t find the TS4 file that launches the game.

I tried repairing it multiple times with no result other that being told that files were “in use or missing”.

I tried to reinstall the game receiving the same result. I tried to reinstall both the game and origin with the same result still showing.

I tried removing previous files in hopes it would create new non-problematic files. It recreated some but stopped and said the same thing as the other times.

does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 2 (219 Views)

Re: Sims refuses to download: Files in use or missing

★★★ Apprentice

Hello LilKelper,

I am getting the feeling that your anti-virus maybe throwing some mud at the launcher.

If you're using one, check if the file is 'quarantined' and make an exception for the folder you're installing in so it doesn't delete on accident.

I hope this works out for you. Game on!

Cheers,

Max

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post. Thanks!

Message 2 of 2 (186 Views)