Re: Sims pet stuck in place

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims pet stuck in place

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? UNK
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game?
What happens when the bug occurs? Pets just stay still. Won't go to the bathroom, won't eat food. Sleep forever. They just stay in one spot. I've tried calling them and they come to my sim, but that is where they stay. sometimes walks don't work either. Sim leashes them and they just stand there, the fun moodlet goes up but they just stay in place. Also, my pets aren't aging. Aging is on too
What do you expect to see? Pets should age. Eat when hungry, go to bathroom when they have to, do things on their own.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Pets just stay still. Won't go to the bathroom, won't eat food. Sleep forever. They just stay in one spot. I've tried calling them and they come to my sim, but that is where they stay. sometimes walks don't work either. Sim leashes them and they just stand there, the fun moodlet goes up but they just stay in place.

Also, my pets aren't aging. Aging is on too

Message 1 of 5 (1,809 Views)

Hero
@Kariva Have you tried moving them in and back out ? Tried different households to see if it's happening on all households or just a particular one ?

Have you repaired your game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,785 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey there - I don’t want to move them out because I’ll lose all my furnishes and I don’t want to refurnish a tee keeping the furniture. Is there another way to do it? 

Message 3 of 5 (1,774 Views)

Hero
@Kariva You can just sell the furniture instead of take it with you which will keep it in place.

Backup your save before attempting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,772 Views)

Hero
@Kariva Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (1,717 Views)