by javethe13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims only move after pause and unpause

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, island living, get famous, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, spa day, parenhood, vampires, tiny living, laundry day, fitness.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? apparently the bugs occurs when there is a change of season or enough time has passes playing with se seasons pack installed
What happens when the bug occurs? the sim does not respond to coomands and only moves after a pause.
What do you expect to see? normal autonomy. not having to pause the game to do every action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello,

my sims dont move. Only after a pasue they start moving again. 

the weir part is that ive been playing for a long time with mods installed and after some time the bug occurs, this time after a season change.

I came across this post from 2018:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/My-Sim-wont-move-on-to-the-next-action-until-I-pause-a...

so it has been hapenning for a long time.

Message 3 of 10 (922 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims only move after pause and unpause

★★ Novice
@crinrict hi! yes i did and found the coulprit. thanks! in any case i will be playing without mods for a while

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (844 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims Only move after Pause

★★★★ Expert

@javethe13  A bug is very simply put a behaviour in gameplay that the developers of the game did not intended (or anticipated as with the sims). Those should be reported in Bug Reports section for the developers to, hopefully, be aware of the issue, so as to fix it.
The thread you have linked to is a thread in Technical section, which is for individual issues with player's computer. If you think it is a proper bug post in the bug report section, otherwise you probably need to provide information on your setup, and someone will come along to help you. 

You can send your save directly to a SimGuru:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-Autonomy-and-Simulation-Lag/m-p/8373282/highlight/tru...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Posting-a-DxDiag/td-p/4832663

https://answers.ea.com/t5/AHQ-Community-Resources/How-to-read-a-DXDiag/td-p/3325775

Message 1 of 10 (934 Views)

★★ Novice

will do. thanks

Message 2 of 10 (917 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@javethe13I find this is normal when the game gets bogged down. I have tried intentionally to see how much my computer can take before the sims start freezing up. With about 40 to 50 sims on the lot, the game will slow to a freeze and I have to pause to let the program catch up.

Depending on your systems hardware, it may take a lot less to slow the game down. 

Message 4 of 10 (902 Views)

Hero
@javethe13 Did you test without mods ? All bug reports must be tested on a vanilla game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (891 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

this happened to me on a previous save. Never used mods. If not pausing, only going to main menu or manage worlds fixes it. It happened like 10-20% of the time, usually it happened to only one of the Sims. 

Message 6 of 10 (874 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Hi, yes I did test the bug without mods and that fixes the problem. But I´ve been playing with mods for a long time and after a season change the bug happens. I unistalled Seasons and it fixedthe bug with all the mods working.
Message 7 of 10 (863 Views)

Hero
@javethe13 If it works without mods, then one or mods/cc you're using isn't compatible with the game version if you have seasons.

Have you tried the 50/50 Method yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (858 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict hi! yes i did and found the coulprit. thanks! in any case i will be playing without mods for a while
Message 9 of 10 (845 Views)

Hero
@javethe13 Glad to hear.

Moving this to tech then.

Could you share the name of the mod (unless it raises the rating) ? This helps the next person with the same problem. No links, just the name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (834 Views)