Sims only die of old age on restart of the game not while game is in progress

by A937113

Original Post

Sims only die of old age on restart of the game not while game is in progress

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Eco, Stranger Ville, Vampires, Tiny Living, My first pet, Spooky, Fitness
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim who dies of old age
What happens when the bug occurs? I get the message that the Sim has only a few days left over and over while in game. I save, close the game and when I start again the Sim immediatly dies. But the Sims don't die of Old Age when the game is in progress anymore. Happend two times so far since the 06/10/2020 Update. I habe Chance For Baby (30) Mod, I deleted it now and will see if it occurs with the next Sim.
What do you expect to see? The Sims die of old age while the game is in progress not on restart.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happend after the few Updates in the Beginning of June

Hi,

so I noticed this with my last two old Sims. They don't die anymore while the game is in progress and I get the same message that their life is coming to an end evers two to three days. But they only die on restart.

Message 1 of 9 (600 Views)

Re: Sims only die of old age on restart of the game not while game is in progres

Hero
@A937113 Let me know what result you get without mods. It's always best to test without them before making a report.

Make sure to also delete your localthumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (587 Views)

Re: Sims only die of old age on restart of the game not while game is in progres

★ Guide

Allright, didn't know about the thumbnail. I did it and will report if it happens with the next Sim. Thanks Standard smile 

Message 3 of 9 (573 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Similar but not quite same issue. Teenage Sim died on opening game earlier this week. Didn't seem to be an obvious reason for death, but was angry from mood swing. On closing game previously I had moved 1 young adult out of the family. I quit without saving and on relaunch had no issues. The day after I got the 134 error, which may be connected, and has prevented me from knowing if it could be an ongoing issue.

I'm playing on a macbook pro, have only family and city living expansions and no mods.

Message 4 of 9 (520 Views)

Hero
@A937113 Are you still having this issue without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (484 Views)

★ Guide

I have Error 134, so no idea. But will update when everything works again. Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (481 Views)

Hero
@A937113 OK. Thanks for letting me know.

Hopefully soon.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (463 Views)

Hero
@A937113 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (429 Views)

★ Guide

Hey, actually took a while to check out. But with the last elder who died of old age it was fine. Standard smile 

Message 9 of 9 (422 Views)