Re: Sims not updated, is PC too old?

by gbricke1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims not updated, is PC too old?

★★★★★ Newbie

I just got a used PC. It was completely cleaned out and restarted and the previous owner installed windows 10 for me. I downloaded origin and the sims 4, and the entire game is outdated. The screen says that it has the most recent version when i looked up the number. It’s not even an option on origin to download some packs that i was playing on my laptop just fine (ex. snowy escape, university, cottage living, etc.). I’m not sure what exact date it’s updated to, but every aspect of the game is out of date with no clear way to fix this. I can’t understand why because when I installed the sims, every pack I bought should also download and it only seems to be new packs and updates missing. How can I fix this? Please help!!!

Message 1 of 3 (443 Views)

Accepted Solution

@gbricke1  It sounds like you're running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4.  You can tell by the last four digits of the game version: .1030 and .1230 are for the standard versions, Windows and Mac, respectively; .1530 and .1630 are for the LE.

It's possible your computer can't run the standard version of Sims 4 at all and is therefore stuck with the LE.  But it's worth checking, so please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (411 Views)

All Replies

@gbricke1  It sounds like you're running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4.  You can tell by the last four digits of the game version: .1030 and .1230 are for the standard versions, Windows and Mac, respectively; .1530 and .1630 are for the LE.

It's possible your computer can't run the standard version of Sims 4 at all and is therefore stuck with the LE.  But it's worth checking, so please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (412 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am running the LE! I’ll check out that link. Thank you so much!!

Message 3 of 3 (400 Views)