by UAririele

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims not being affected by Thermostat

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform:PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single pack

Steps:

How can we find the bug ourselves? Just have a house and turn on the thermostat to warmer or colder

What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will have the uncomfortable moodlet for being chilled or being too hot.

What do you expect to see? A 4-hour moodlet of the sim being happy for air conditioning, and then when the moodlet disappears, the sim being perfectly fine without the uncomfortable moodlet

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes but even when I removed them, I still had the issue.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes -- The Realm of Magic Update, and then after the two patches afterward. The bug has yet to be cured and I don't know if it's just me or if it's the game.

Message 1 of 5 (2,499 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims not being affected by Thermostat

Hero (Retired)
@UAririele

If it works for you in this way, it works badly.
Try to fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the games folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name. The game will recreate them but without saved errors.

If it will not work try doing a factory reset of your game folder as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (2,477 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@UAririele

It should work that way. If you see at the bottom of the screen the thermometer shows that it is very cold then you turn on the heat option. When the thermometer is very red then you turn on cooling.
Generally, you do it in winter and summer only. At other times of the year, exceptionally, when the weather suddenly gets very cold.
Sim doesn't get any positive moodlet because of heating or cooling the house. Sim will get a negative moodlet because of cold or hot.

The sim will receive a positive moodlet when the fire burns in the fireplace - it doesn't matter whether in summer or winter.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (2,487 Views)

★★ Novice

I know how thermostats work in the sims. The problem is that the temperature will be freezing and when i turn the thermostat to be warmer, the sims get a moodlet for 4 hours and then eventually get the bothered by cold moodlet and vice versa.

Message 3 of 5 (2,483 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@UAririele

If it works for you in this way, it works badly.
Try to fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the games folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name. The game will recreate them but without saved errors.

If it will not work try doing a factory reset of your game folder as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

Message 4 of 5 (2,478 Views)

★★ Novice
@kreatora I must have missed a mod or two because now the game works after doing all of that. Thanks!
Message 5 of 5 (2,457 Views)