Sims no Longer Receiving Promotions

by kellytasticc

Original Post

Sims no Longer Receiving Promotions

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, and Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure if you can. But basically during my sim's "regular jobs" (aka nothing to do with acting), the emotion information is gone and the sims basically will no longer get a promotion.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sims have "normal jobs" they won't receive a promotion. At all. They could be doing all the at-home work and going in great moods and still won't receive one after days of working. This is a relatively new glitch that happened after I bought Get Famous.
What do you expect to see? My sim to be able to receive a promotion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think this happened after the second to latch patch so I'm guessing at the end of January or early February.

This issue also appeared in conjunction with a glitch regarding the hair & makeup chair in Get Famous that I have clicked "Me Too" on but I thought it might be helpful to post about it here. No idea if the two issues are related or if this is actually helpful or not but I thought I would just mention it.

Message 1 of 7 (541 Views)

Re: Sims no Longer Receiving Promotions

Champion
My sims are getting promoted without any issues, apart from getting the stuck at work icon bug.

They removed emotion info from non Get to Work jobs because now ANY positive emotion will increase job performance, not just a particular one.
Message 2 of 7 (529 Views)

Hero

Are they not getting a promotion when the bar is all the way up or does it just never reach that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (487 Views)

★★ Novice

I haven't played in over a month because of this glitch so to be totally honest I don't 100% remember but I believe the bar is filling up and they're just not getting promoted.

Message 4 of 7 (466 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (453 Views)

Hero

Hi @kellytasticc 

are you still having issues ? If so, would you mind sharing your save as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (420 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

@kellytasticc 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (391 Views)