Sims moved out (not active household)

by _danotsanti_

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims moved out (not active household)

★★ Newbie

So they moved out of town and then I moved to a new home in the old town. I checked my mail and got letter from that sim, but the sim is nowhere in the map it's Matthew H. I also noticed that other sims are showing up in my phone and mail, but not in map. Matthew is not in relationships, but he shows up in mail not in phone. So uh. Help? Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (312 Views)

Re: Sims moved out (not active household)

@_danotsanti_  This happens from time to time—the game will move former residents out and make them homeless, but not necessarily delete all their connections to existing sims.  There really isn't a way to handle it, other than to ignore the issue.  As long as the sims aren't on the map, they're taking hardly any resources and can be left alone.  They might not die though (I'm not sure), but it may not matter once there's no one left in town who still "remembers" them.  In fact, that might be the only data the game is still keeping on them, although again, I'm not sure.

Without mods, the only way you could get rid of them would be if you could invite them over and move them into your house.  Then you could move them elsewhere and evict them in Edit Town.  But it's possible that they would go back to their current homeless existence.  It might be better to leave them in a vacant house until they die.

Sorry, but I'm not sure what else you can do.  The unmodded game doesn't make it easy to manage homeless sims.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (298 Views)