Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims marriage not showing up on family tree

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Snowy Escape, Journey to Batuu, Cool Kitchen, Tiny Living, Perfect Patio and Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 2 sims get married. shows on sim profile but not on family tree
What happens when the bug occurs? Does not show marriage on family tree so sims genealogy doesn't look right when playing generations
What do you expect to see? A family tree link between the 2 sims who have got married
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New patch from November 2020

Sim Profile - Shows marriage.pngSim Profile - Shows marriage.pngMy 2 sims have recently got married but its not showing up on their family tree. It is on their sim profiles though and they can divorce/renew vows but it makes the family tree look glitchy as Im playing generations. 

Message 1 of 9 (2,971 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims marriage not showing up on family tree

Hero
@sarahlesliex Perfect. Thank you

Just did a quick test on this and it worked for me.

At what point did you remove the mods ? Before or after they got married ? Do you have a backup you could try again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (2,933 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@sarahlesliex As the virus scanner is currently not working, could you try putting the pictures in your post directly

Click on the picture icon in the icon bar to do so

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,961 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@sarahlesliexAs the virus scanner is currently not working, could you try putting the pictures in your post directly

Okay I think I have done that now. Let me know if it’s still not working!

Message 3 of 9 (2,941 Views)

Hero
@sarahlesliex Perfect. Thank you

Just did a quick test on this and it worked for me.

At what point did you remove the mods ? Before or after they got married ? Do you have a backup you could try again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,934 Views)

★ Guide

Family trees broken too....broken branches and children not showing under parents.

Message 5 of 9 (2,922 Views)

Hero
@procian New or old ? Was it like this before or after patch ?

Please also see this: As the virus scanner is currently not working, could you try putting the pictures in your post directly

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (2,912 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This was after the update....perfectly ok before.The 2 babies are Jarod's and the tree links from the other sims are broken.Screenshot (442).png

Message 7 of 9 (2,887 Views)

Hero
@procian Looks like a different issue to me but as you've already made a new thread, all good

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (2,866 Views)

★★ Novice

this happens to me too except it dosent show a dead spouse and it dosent show their romance on the romance tab in relationships

Message 9 of 9 (1,295 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help