Re: Sims looking away when speaking

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Sims looking away when speaking

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure if this was posted, but I've noticed my Sims are looking the opposite direction of whom they're speaking to. There will be a sim right beside them, and they're looking totally away from that sim and speaking. Never had this happen before....

Message 1 of 7 (629 Views)

Do you have any mods or custom content (CC) in your game? Could you test without?
You can just move the folder to a location outside the Electronic Arts folder.
If the game works without your CC and mods in, your issue is probably caused by a broken mod or CC.
You can find a full list of broken/incompatible CC and mods since game updated on November 13th over here:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

This update, updated the coding for mods so most mods need updating.
If it still doesn't work I suggest taking out half of your mods and CC and testing the game. Then keep splitting until you find all that is broken.
Either update or remove the broken CC/mods.  

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The whole mods thing is what I tried first. I completely cleaned out all mods before the big update and before Get Famous. It only seems to happen sporadically with certain Sims but I'm almost 100% sure it's not a mods issue. All have been either updated or removed and I'm still experiencing this issue. Thank you for your quick reply tho!

Message 3 of 7 (590 Views)

Could you test and see if see any difference with the mods folder out. 

You could also try letting the game make a new game folder?
- Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\
- Rename the 'The Sims 4' folder to something like 'The Sims 4 old' 
- Start the game, this will create a new folder.

When you've tested you can rename the other one back and it should be like nothing ever happened. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 7 (587 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'll try that next, thanks!

Message 5 of 7 (585 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm pretty sure I figured out the problem. I've noticed it only happens when I go into first person mode. When I come out of first person mode my sim continuously follows the person they were last speaking to. If I don't use first person camera, I don't have any problems. At least this seems to be the issue for me.

Message 6 of 7 (559 Views)

I'm not completely following you. They follow them around? And look the other way when they're talking?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 7 (550 Views)