Re: Sims look weird

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims look weird

★★ Novice

See attachments.

My computer has switchable graphics, it can switch between the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 for power saving and the AMD Radeon HD 6470M for high performance.

Message 1 of 24 (1,628 Views)

Hero

Cute Frown

Is it just the Sims in CAS or do you have other issues ?

What driver number do you have ? There was an issue with the 12.4

Here's a hotfix for that driver: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst124ahotfix.aspx

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (1,621 Views)

★★ Novice

My driver version is 12.4, but the hotfix page requests a username and password.

Message 3 of 24 (1,618 Views)

Hero

Go here: http://support.amd.com/de/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

and put 12.4 hotfix in the search field. I found a german page so I think it's a country issue. You might need to go to the page of your country.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (1,613 Views)

★★ Novice

That didn't fix it.

Message 5 of 24 (1,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Assuming that the hotfix didn't help, try this:

Open the ATI Catalyst Control Center (oder download it) in advanced mode and click on Return to Factory Default.

----

It might also be an issue with the graphic card itself.

As I asked before, are you just seeing this in CAS ? Do you have issue with any other games ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (1,593 Views)

Sims look weird

★ Novice

My computer has switchable graphics

AMD Radeon HD 6630M

***The Sims 3 for high performance

Message 7 of 24 (1,538 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

See here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-look-weird/m-p/3060/message-uid/3060#U3060

Haven't found a solution to it yet but maybe you can add to that thread and see what you guys have in common.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 24 (1,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The hotfix didn't help. Everyone looks normal from a distance. I don't have any issue with other games.

Message 9 of 24 (1,553 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you try resetting the graphic card to factory default described in my last post ?

There's someone else with the exact same issue. They have a similar card.

EDIT:

Been looking around the net and there a lots of people with this issue. I do think it driver related so you might wanna try switching back to an older graphic card driver.

Other possibilites:

1. Delete the cache files
  2. Make sure your fans are clean and your computer is not overheating
  3. Play around with the graphic settings

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (1,544 Views)