Sims lifespan longer than normal, while on normal

by PastelSpoonie

Original Post

Sims lifespan longer than normal, while on normal

★★★ Novice

I am currently working on the 100 Baby Challenge (I am on baby #5, yay!). Anyway, my in game calendar will say that "x" Sim has a birthday tomorrow but the clock goes past that day and the calendar then MOVES their birthday to another day all together (typically about a week later). This creates a problem while doing this challenge since the rules state:

• Babies cannot be aged up until you get a notification saying that it is their birthday.

It caused my Sims first pregnancy (twin boys) to age up at the SAME TIME as my 2nd pregnancy (a girl). They should have been at LEAST a few days apart not practically the next day. 

According to this, it should be taking my Sims 0-3 days of being a baby before aging up to a toddler, it took my babies a week. Time for babies and toddlers (at least) are screwed up right now. Is there a fix to this?? 

0–3 days7 days13 days14 days24 days24 days10 days+93 days+
Message 1 of 5 (1,329 Views)

Re: Sims lifespan longer than normal, while on normal

★★★★ Expert

@PastelSpoonie  I could replicate this with modification: in a new folder with settings like yours I made two sims pregnant and waited out the baby time period. The baby was born on a wednesday, and the calendar had an icon for their birthday on the following friday. Friday came and went without baby aging up; and on saturday the birthday icon for the baby had moved to that day in the calendar. They did age up then though. I found some reports saying the same thing, except the moving of the birthday in the calendar.

Is it only the babies that have their birthdays moved in the calendar like that, or other ages as well? Do the days moved vary in number?

A possible solution for your current challenge: I got the notification for the baby's birthday a day before their first birthday (on Thursday); so would not the rules of the challenge permit you to age up the baby when you get the notification/their 'first' birthday appear in the calendar? I don't play challenges, but what I have read of rules so far they seem to forgive any actual game issues. I would advise you do a Save As, in case it turns out to be a bug, and saves are needed.

Message 2 of 5 (1,263 Views)

★★★ Novice
@DonroaAkashu I have not noted as to whether it is all ages or just certain ones. I think I am going to start a brand new save and test run it. I am running some CC/Mods but NOTHING that interferes with Sims life cycle or the calendar.

The challenge does permit us to age a baby up once you get the notification, but it is the toddlers that I was seeing the problem with. Once my first pregnancy became toddlers, all heck broke loose and their birthdays randomly changed on the calendar until (for whatever reason) my first and 2nd pregnancy were the same days. Since then I haven't seen an issue but I am only on pregnancy number 4 so I am sure it is bound to happen again. I will try to take photo's of it next time and will remove my mods/cc as well.
Message 3 of 5 (1,236 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@PastelSpoonie  Great that you are going to test it; and in a new folder with no mods since they can have unforeseen consequences even if it isn't intuitive to their actual aim. I'll be interested to hear about it.

I am guessing this is the challenge?
https://snarky-sims-witch.tumblr.com/post/181535303038/tos-i-am-the-original-writer-of-the-sims-4-ve...

I interpret the rules to be forgiving for trying to solve problems resulting from game issues; and that toddler's age are not bound by the calendar, but by their skill development. Quote from rules section:

"No cheats! The only exceptions to this are bb.moveobjects on for creative building purposes and cheating to resolve glitches."

And

"Toddlers can be aged up when they reach level 3 in all toddler skills."

Message 4 of 5 (1,224 Views)

★★★ Novice
@DonroaAkashu Yes that is correct. I will be testing this tomorrow.
Message 5 of 5 (1,215 Views)