Re: Sims left at home do not care for selves, children leave school

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims left at home do not care for selves, children leave school

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Seaosns, Spa Day, Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Luxury Party Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden, Perfect Patio Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household with more than one sim, ESPECIALLY a child sim. Go off site, either to an active job or to a lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? All sims left at home have needs decay. Options to work on a skill are gone as are options to do things like "tend garden" or "tidy up". This is especially a problem for toddlers who have needs all in the red upon the active sim returning home, and children who seem to be pulled out of school early if the active sim navigates away from home while the child is at school.
What do you expect to see? Child should stay at school or asleep or having a normal day being fed and going to the bathroom while active sim is off lot. Ditto to adult and toddler sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 11 (964 Views)

Hero

There's several threads that fit your description

Toddlers: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddler-not-being-taken-care-of-at-daycare-low-needs/td-p...

Everyone else: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Care-for-Self-for-Sims-at-different-lot-not-properly/td-p...

As for the options for skills, Are the gone for everyone ? What kind of mods were you using. There's one that adds extra interactions that never never there in the base game. Have you been using that ? I'm not sure what's supposed to be there anymore and it also depends on age group

As for the leave early: Do you give you children lunch packs ? There's a bug with that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-PH-Sack-Lunches-cause-Sims-to-return-from-school-work/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (953 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have used MCCC in the past but haven't had it installed in quite a while. No one ever has skill options. I have given her lunch bags on occasion but she doesn't eat them, no matter how hungry she is when she leaves, so I stopped.

Message 3 of 11 (936 Views)

Hero

Do the skills matter if you have a vampire or normal Sim ? I have them on my adults, don't have kids atm, not on the toddlers (by design)

So you stopped giving them lunch packs before they started appearing on lots ? Do they appear on the lot your currently at or just at home ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (930 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have both vampire and a human adult sims. Neither get skill prompts when the other is off lot. Strangely, the child sim does. SHe did not when she was a toddler and the need decay issue is universal. She appears to go from school to home the instant one of the adult sims goes off lot, though there is no notice to the active sim to alert me to this. I only know because her grades fell due to lack of attendance. 

Message 5 of 11 (916 Views)

Hero

Have you tried the care for self workaround for non-toddlers posted in the thread I linked ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (899 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes. Care for Self has varying results and always ends up deselecting itself after about a Sim hour. Regardless, when my sim returns home, the caring-for-self sim is out of bed at 2am or what have you. 

Message 7 of 11 (884 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @tilia2

Seems like you save is behaving a bit weird. Does this issue occur in a mod free, fresh save?

Thanks!

Message 8 of 11 (877 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yep! The only mod I've ever had anyway was MCCC and a single toddler hairstyle. Nothing that should cause this issue.

Message 9 of 11 (872 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (823 Views)