Sims launcher links not linking

by dude8004029

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims launcher links not linking

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sims 3 launcher links not linking. I can click them all I want and they dont take me anywher. I also have the problem of ea not recognizing my ownership of the entire sims 3 collection, so i basically was robbed by ea. I cant use the store because my ea account is not linked to the sims 3 community. So I remembered origin and was like yeah put those kids in there and be sighned in with my same acount info and it recognizes that I own all this, but afterwards I noticed the like 12 signs saying "download ea app it's so much better'' what a lie that was.

None of the games got transfered and now the codes won't work. So yeah. Congragulations ea even when the consumers go out of our way to not directly give you money you find a way to trash us over.

Also I'd love to point out that theirs no solid way to contact ea technical support, customer support. The error supports in game don't even work it's actually pretty funny and I'll put a photo of one these cases, but it did it to origin as well, which claimed to not be able to use the internet. Yeah play dumb.

I've basically spent the last 4 hours trying to get these games fully funtional but the sims 3 store will remain locked to me and honestly people going back as far as 2012 like that's damning. Ea has ignored customer requests to participate in a market that ea would be getting paid through... like the audacity of me to ask to use your little fiat currency. It's ridiculous. Like dang. You guys still have the launcher trying to use internet explorer and nobody thought, hey lets update that to "default browser" kind of a fundamental error to make.

Message 1 of 8 (1,178 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims launcher links not linking

★★★ Novice

Okay thanks for replies but I figured it out. You have to click customer support, and tell them that your games were lost or stolen in order to get in contact. 

That being said they finally helped me out, up until he said press windows + r and I accidently refreshed the page. It's not a heavily trafficked support line, but I got the gist of what he was saying. 

So if you download the sims 3 in steam, you can use origin to repair the files, and then further repair the files with the ea app.... and most importantly it won't get rid of your saved game. Crazy. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (1,089 Views)

All Replies

@dude8004029  Please go back to using Origin.  The EA App is still in beta and doesn't fully support all older games yet.

As for using Internet Explorer, Sims 3 hasn't been updated, in Windows at least, since the end of 2015, and the last meaningful update was in January 2014.  There is no development team on-hand to address any newer issues.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (1,144 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dude8004029  When the Sims 3 was released in 2009 the DRM was SecuROM. Then Microsoft and Apple decided to no longer provide support for SecxuROM and Origin became the DRM for EA software. To play the game you needed a code. Once the code was accepted by the system that code can not be re entered. It looks like your using EA Play. Do you have an Origin account? Does the game appear in your Origin account? Somehow your going to have to get the game in your Origin account. That is what controls the DRM. SecurROM no longer works in Windows. Check this out - contact EA support. As this is an open public forum accounts can not be accessed here.

Message 3 of 8 (1,138 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay thanks for replies but I figured it out. You have to click customer support, and tell them that your games were lost or stolen in order to get in contact. 

That being said they finally helped me out, up until he said press windows + r and I accidently refreshed the page. It's not a heavily trafficked support line, but I got the gist of what he was saying. 

So if you download the sims 3 in steam, you can use origin to repair the files, and then further repair the files with the ea app.... and most importantly it won't get rid of your saved game. Crazy. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,090 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You can no longer use Origin for older Sims games because the library will show empty and therefore you can not click on Sims 3 nor the Sims 2 icon in Origin 

Message 5 of 8 (766 Views)

@SimsGirl1008  This isn't true at all.  I can use Origin fine for Sims 3.  People who own Sims 2 in Origin say that works as well.

If you're seeing a specific issue, please describe it in detail.

Message 6 of 8 (757 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I stand by my comment. You can't launch Sims 2 nor Sims 3 from your game library on Origin anymore. 

Message 7 of 8 (724 Views)

@SimsGirl1008  Again, Origin runs Sims 3 just fine, and I believe Sims 2 as well, although I can't test.  (I can provide screenshots if you like.)  Your issue is that your Origin game library isn't loading properly at the moment, which is very common and easily resolved.  Try restarting your computer, and if that doesn't work, clear Origin's cache and restart again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Message 8 of 8 (708 Views)