Re: Sims keep filling up empty houses

by burin077

Original Post

Sims keep filling up empty houses

★ Apprentice

So, I've been having this issue for a while. Sometimes, I will play my sims game and I see that random sims fill up the empty houses. I know that some people like to fill up the houses, but I hate it. Especially when they keep filling the houses and I have no empty houses to move my families into. I have disabled the option to fill the empty houses, I have no mods that would cause this, and it happens so randomly. It doesn't always fill up the houses every time I run the game, but when it does, I have to individually evict every person, and it's really annoying. I've been getting rid of some of my old cc, but I don't have any gameplay mods that would cause this to happen. I have MC Command Center, but there's no options that would cause sims to fill up houses, from what I've seen. Other than that, I can't figure out why my game would do this. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (17,807 Views)

Champion (Retired)

MC Command Center by default fills empty houses. If you would like to disable that I suggest you ask at the Authors Discord channel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (17,798 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is there any way to disable it without going to Discord? I can't use Discord on my computer, it never works.

Message 3 of 4 (17,769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

Thankfully I am a user of MC Command Center; normally for MC Command Center, if you have questions, you can check Deaderpool's FAQ document on the mod. (Note: The link will take you off this site to the MC Command Center main site.) I have taken the initiative to get the information on this question from the FAQ:

Per MC Command Center, one of the ways you can prevent lots from being populated is to lower the "Beds" count of each lot to 0, or to disable the Population_AllowHomelessMoveIn feature. (To affect the Population settings, select a computer on the lot, then MC Command Center.)

Here's the description for it directly from the site:

Module Name: MC Population

Setting: Population_AllowHomelessMoveIn

Allow Sims in homeless households to populate empty houses on lots in the different neighborhoods. Only houses with at least one bed in the Lot info will be valid for move-in.

UI Menu Path: MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings > Allow Homeless Move-In

Default Value: True

Please note, AHQ does not provide constant support for individual mods, hence why you are recommended to reach out to the modder who works on MC Command Center (Deaderpool), or to reach out to his community via Discord, or via his Patreon. (You can get further information on it via the link to his support site as referenced above.)

- B

Message 4 of 4 (17,757 Views)