Sims in Sims 4 Cats and Dogs suddenly freeze and won't do anything

by BookGirl89

Original Post

Sims in Sims 4 Cats and Dogs suddenly freeze and won't do anything

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I got sims 4 Cats and Dogs for Christmas and before getting it played Sims 4 and many of the other stuff packs and expansions with no issues. Cats and Dogs runs great, but then suddenly my sims will stop what they are doing and get stuck standing wherever they are and will not do anything. It has happened with 2 separate families. Today the only way I have managed to "fix it" is to click on the sims and click "reset object" on either the object they are using and/or on the sim. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,326 Views)

Re: Sims in Sims 4 Cats and Dogs suddenly freeze and won't do anything

Hero

Hi @BookGirl89

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,318 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks. I have attached it.

Message 3 of 5 (1,294 Views)

Hero

Looks good but as you have a graphics card and a chip, make sure the game runs on the card: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Setting-Up-a-Graphics-Card-Gaming-Profile/td-p/5704790

Is it any special interaction that is going on ? Do you have any teens doing homework (that is known to freeze the game).

What happens if you cancel all queues of all Sims in your household ? Sometimes they lock each other out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,285 Views)

★★ Novice

It seems to happen when I have Catarina use the Mr. Budget-Bandage's Medicine Craftidink or when she interacts with her cats. I usually end up having to reset her or who I was having her try to interact with. Sometimes it fixes it immediately and other times it takes several times. 

I will see if making sure I am using my graphics card fixes it. 

Message 5 of 5 (1,275 Views)