by SavPMA

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims getting embarrassed randomly

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, outdoor retreat, my first pet, toddler, kids room, movie hangout, perfect patio, and holiday celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into the game and hit play. Then soon after sims should start getting embarrassed as if they were walked in on.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims act like they were walked in on while in the bathroom or as if they saw someone in the bathroom.
What do you expect to see? sims not randomly getting surprised then either the "privacy invaded" or "cannot unsee" buff pops up when there is no reason for that to happen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The sims could be doing anything like cooking or watching tv then all of a sudden get embarrassed with the buffs i mentioned earlier

Message 1 of 11 (7,755 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims getting embarrassed randomly

★ Apprentice

Sadly no BUT I found something out. None of my mods/cc was causing the problem, for some reason it was only that specific household having the issue. so i started over from scratch and havent had the issue since

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (7,622 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@SavPMA Which lot are you playing on. Does it happen on every single lot or only a specific one ?

There's for example an issue with this lot: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Bathroom-at-Mossy-Lane-connects-to-living-room/... .. others could have similar issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (7,741 Views)

★★★ Expert
@SavPMA I had this happen in my game before but it was specifically tied to one piece of CC clothing. My Sim would get that embarrassed moodlet everytime she wore that outfit. When you removed your CC/Mods did you delete your localthumbcache file before restarting your game?
Message 3 of 11 (7,724 Views)

★ Apprentice

no i didnt, how do i do that Standard smile

Message 4 of 11 (7,695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@SavPMA: Go to your Sims 4 folder in Documents, look for a file called "localthumbcache.package", and delete it. The game will generate a fresh one the next time you play (I also suggest Repairing the game in Origin before trying again, too.)

Message 5 of 11 (7,688 Views)

★★★ Expert
@SavPMA Yup just like @StarryMight says. It's generally recommended that you delete the localthumbcache file any time you make a change to your Mods folder, i.e. when adding or removing custom content or mods. Good luck!
Message 6 of 11 (7,674 Views)

Hero
@SavPMA Have you been able to solve your issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (7,631 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sadly no BUT I found something out. None of my mods/cc was causing the problem, for some reason it was only that specific household having the issue. so i started over from scratch and havent had the issue since

Message 8 of 11 (7,623 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SavPMA Glad to hear it's working now.

Going to mark this as solved but feel free to come back if it occurs again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (7,608 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This should not be marked solved as I have a household that this is happening to and they won’t do anything but be embarrassed. I don’t have an option just to start over as I have been playing this household for a long time and would lose progress. Any other action is x’d out and they just get embarrassed. I have moved the household to a new house to see if it changed anything but it did not. This is still an issue!

Message 10 of 11 (7,410 Views)