Re: Sims game crashes while loading.

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Sims game crashes while loading.

★★ Novice

I've been playing the sims for years and in the past few months, my sims game crashes while loading. When I remove all CC and Mods the game works perfectly but I'm not playing without it.

I removed all my CC and Mods then delete my Cache 'updated', 'repaired', and reinstalled the game and everything went well and the game worked perfectly.

I added back a bunch of CC and Mods and the game ran perfectly but when I turn on 'allow script mods', shut down the game and try to restart it, it crashes. 

I removed all the mods and everything went back to normal, then I added them back one at a time but none of them work alone in the game(even ones updated to work with the newest update). 

The only way I'm able to play is by deleting the files in the picture below(minus 'VideoCameraStates'), opening the game, allowing script mods, closing the game and starting it back up immediately. The game will crash almost immediately if I don't go through this process, even with this process my game still sometimes crashes midway through me playing.

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 7 (623 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @isabella7831

This sounds like it's a the result of a mod if everything works when the mods have been removed. I'm afraid we don't offer support for modded content outside of suggesting this:

HOW TO FIND MODS CAUSING ISSUES (source: 'The Sims 4 - Mods and game updates')

Once you have identified that one or more of your Mods is creating issues, you then need to determine which Mods are the problem. Since you could potentially have many Mods in your Mods folder, this can be a time consuming process. Here are some tips to speed things up:

• Remove all your Mods from the “Mods” folder and add them back in batches.
    • After adding each batch, run the game to see if the problem persists.
    • Once you determine that a particular batch contains a problematic Mod, remove half of that batch and see if the problem still exists.
    • If it does then remove another half of the batch and try again.
    • If it does not then add back in half of the removed Mods and try again.
    • Repeat this process until the problem Mod is identified. This type of searching is sometimes referred to in The Sims community as the “50% method.”
  • Remove Game Mods first. These are more likely to cause conflicts, so start by just removing those Mods (if you have them) to narrow down your search.

Once you've found the mod causing the issue you could link in with the Mod creator for more assistance from there.  

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 7 (587 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna Thank for your response. I did remove the moss one by one. So for example, I removed all the mods, added back only MCCC, started the game and it crashed. Then I removed MCCC, added slice of life, started the game and it crashed... and so on with all the mods I have.
Message 3 of 7 (583 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @isabella7831

Okay thanks for adding that context. On this part in your opening post:

@isabella7831 wrote:

The only way I'm able to play is by deleting the files in the picture below(minus 'VideoCameraStates'), opening the game, allowing script mods, closing the game and starting it back up immediately.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 7 (552 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna
- The only way I can play the sims if I delete the files pictured in the original post. I then open the sims game and turn on 'enable script mods', I then close the game to put script mods into effect, I then have to immediately launch the game again(which is it does without problem) and the only then am I able to play my sims game with script mods.

- If I don't delete the files and relaunch the game crashes when it is on the loading screen that comes before the main login/start screen.

- There has never been any pop-up or error message that comes up for me. I would say I started having to do this around late March or early April (my laptop has been out of commission for about a month and a half).

- I don't see any crash file in my sims 4 folders but I have attached the DxDiag file below.

Message 5 of 7 (519 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna Thanks, as I mentioned I did remove the mods one at a time and add them back to the game one at a time(I would launch the game with one single mod in my mod folder and it would still crash). I doubt the actual mods I’m using are causing the problem since they’re all up to date to work with the newest version of the game and I’ve never had this problem until recently.
Message 6 of 7 (465 Views)

@isabella7831  Please test in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will be created.  Go to the Main Menu, enable mods and cc, quit, and add one mod (try MCCC) to your Mods folder.  Don't add anything else.  Let me know whether it works, and if not, whether you get any errors.

If it crashes, please trash the clean Sims 4 folder that just spawned.  Open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Then try the above approach again.

If it still doesn't work, you may need to update the driver for your graphics chip.  You can find a new one from Intel here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29674/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=128988

It's possible that Lenovo software won't let you install it; this is common with laptop manufacturers.  So if you get an error when trying to install it, that's fine, but let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (412 Views)