Re: Sims forgetting relationships everytime I load save

by pyuppie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims forgetting relationships everytime I load save

★★★★★ Novice

I only just started playing the sims 3 again and I've noticed that every time I open a save file (this happens on every save) that the active household will consider all of their family/ romantic interests and friends as strangers. I've also noticed that every time I open the save the sequence of the future portal and university mascot plays. (if that helps pinpoint the issue) It's such a hassle to keep redoing every relationship. I have tried to delete my cache files, I play with only NRAAS mods. I have done so much research and can't find anything to help me.

Message 1 of 5 (403 Views)

Accepted Solution

@pyuppie  Okay, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you open the launcher, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether the same problem happens in a new save.  Don't even add your mods until after you test.

If everything is normal, as it should be, please download fresh copies of the NRaas mods you use, then test again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (358 Views)

All Replies

@pyuppie  When you reload the save, does the game clock reflect that you've played a while?  For example, if you start on a Sunday at 8 am and play until Tuesday at 6 pm (in-game time), when you reload, is it still Tuesday at 6 pm, or has it reverted to something earlier?

Please test a new save as well, just to see what happens.  You can use a premade townie household or place some sims from the in-game library, yours or the premade families.

Please also let me know what kind of install this is—Origin, disc, or Steam.

Message 2 of 5 (389 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm using Origin, I have tried other save files (this has happened between 3 but, I can try again for the purpose of this) and the game time will reflect weeks of play, all skills, inventory, and memories will be saved, just not relationships.

Message 3 of 5 (384 Views)

@pyuppie  Okay, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you open the launcher, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether the same problem happens in a new save.  Don't even add your mods until after you test.

If everything is normal, as it should be, please download fresh copies of the NRaas mods you use, then test again.

Message 4 of 5 (359 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have done that and it did work! I found that I in fact did have some other clothing package files so I removed those and will not be putting them back in my game. All is fixed. Thank you!!

Message 5 of 5 (337 Views)