by simmer_jessi

Original Post

Sims falling through floors when walking

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: all. Game packs: Jungle adventure, parenthood, spa day, outdoor retreat. Stuff packs: Laundry day stuff, vintage glamour, backyard, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’ve seen it happen when a sim is walking through snow and in their homes in any floor. Just watch them walking I guess. It seems to happen more often in winter when sims are walking through snow.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sims are walking, sometimes they seem to fall through the floor. They take a step like normal, then take another step and fall, and then come back up again and walk normally. This repeats itself until they get to their destination (sofa, bed, kitchen sink, etc.) - just up down, up down, and over and over again.
What do you expect to see? Sims should walk normally on every surface.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I’ve never noticed this before having Seasons; I think it could be related to the snow/weather perhaps? I keep the game updated but don’t make changes otherwise. I don’t use mods or cc either.

Message 1 of 11 (791 Views)

Re: Sims falling through floors when walking

★★★★ Novice

Images of the issue happening. 

Message 2 of 11 (786 Views)

Hero
Are you using moveObjects on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yes, for decorating. Should I turn it off when going back into live mode? 

I also noticed when playing a little more that that same sim (young adult) would basically crawl up and down the stairs like a toddler. It takes forever for her to get anywhere. 

Message 4 of 11 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I think it can cause issues like this if you leave it turned on, yes. Moo can cause all kinds of issues.

Try it and let me know if the issues goes away then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (722 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I turned on the game again tonight and didn’t use any cheats, and it is still happening. Frown 

Message 6 of 11 (708 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Meanwhile could you try if you get it on a fresh save for testing that never had moo on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (690 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Please excuse my ignorance, and late response, but how do I share a save file with you? I'm on a Mac in case that changes the process. 

Message 8 of 11 (645 Views)

Hero
You can find instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/4568799#M69068

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (630 Views)

Hero

Tagging @simmer_jessi for saves

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (605 Views)