Re: Sims energy bar stuck at full, and/or non-stop filling up - After Pets patch

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims energy bar stuck at full, and/or non-stop filling up

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Cats&Dogs, Cats#Dogs stuff pack, jungle game pack, fitness stuff pack, toddler stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get forced by origin to update your game
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims energy bar stuck at maximum, or constnatly filling up and then be stuck at maximum. If i load up any older save, it happens to them as well. Not a mod realted issue, not a save related issue, seems like a bug in the cats & dogs patch. Tried game repair, issue stays
What do you expect to see? Well...energy need decaying as it should?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Official cats&dogs ready patch

Started to happen right after the latest patch. Sims energy bars stuck at maximum, or constantly filling up and then be stuck at maximum. If i load up any older save, it happens to them as well. Not a mod related issue, not a save related issue, seems like a bug in the cats & dogs patch.   Tried game repair, issue stays.

Happens to ever sim, resetsim cheat doesnt fix it, moving doesnt fix it, i have only one child character who seems to be immune to the issue, i would guess it only affects adults.
2 questions:
1.: Any tips on fixing this would be nice, i dont really want to save my game while this issue is active, to avoid future problems
2.: How do i switch off origin forcing me to update my game? Something always goes wrong after a patch, sick and tired of it, i just want to play, and update only when i absolutely must do it.
Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 8 (5,353 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims energy bar stuck at full, and/or non-stop filling up - After Pets patch

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yes, the changed the trait to never, before it was just making it slower.(it was actually never when the game came out, then they changed it to rarely and with a recent patch, they introduced another that is now slower while the never is back to never.

You can remove the trait with the cheat: traits.remove_trait neverweary (hopefully that's how the trait is called)

Also moved this to general issue @ShioriHaru

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (5,415 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you try renaming your folder yet ? Does it happen on a new save as well or only old ones ?

Does it also spread to old saves if you completely close down your game inbetween ?

You can just turn off automatic updates in Origin. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (5,275 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Renaming my folder? Please elaborate.
It does happen to a new save as well.
I always close my game before loading up a save, i've noticed issues on sims3 if i didn't, so i just got used to closing the game altogether.
If i turn off automatic updates it still wont let me play until i update, i've tried that before.

I've tried playing and saving with this issue being active, to see if it would fix itself magically, but it eventually leads to a complete lockup, sims petrified, ing-game time stopped, i can exit the game and do actions normally, but my sims are frozen in place.

Message 3 of 8 (5,255 Views)

Hero

You'll need to put Origin in offline mode for it to work (before the game knows about the patch).

Here's instructions for user files reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (5,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hey, thanks for the effort, but before i do what you described, i noticed my sims have a trait "Never Weary" description says sims who have this dont ever sleep. I dont remember picking this for my sims, nor if this is how it should even work, any insight on this?
EDIT: all sims have this trait except the kid.
If i really did pick this trait, then im sure as hell it didn't work like this before, since i always save my game when all my sims are sleeping (avoiding problems of saving while in interactions)
and i would have noticed a 100% full energy bar, so whatever is up with this trait theres a high chance its caused by the most recent update.

Message 5 of 8 (5,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yes, the changed the trait to never, before it was just making it slower.(it was actually never when the game came out, then they changed it to rarely and with a recent patch, they introduced another that is now slower while the never is back to never.

You can remove the trait with the cheat: traits.remove_trait neverweary (hopefully that's how the trait is called)

Also moved this to general issue @ShioriHaru

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (5,416 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Hey, thanks a lot! I think the never-sleep is just silly, but if they introduced an alternative then im going to use that instead - i'm still pretty sure the change in this trait caused the complete lockup on my game so im just gonna eradicate it from all my sims.
Thanks again!
Message 7 of 8 (5,218 Views)

Hero
When they first nerved it to not be never anymore, people were upset.

So I think having both (as they do now) is the best option (even if it means you need to cheat remove and add the other instead)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (5,211 Views)