Re: patch?

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Novice

@crinrict Ok, cool. I'll try and let you know. Thanks so much!

Message 11 of 18 (592 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello back @crinrict

I did what you said and my Sim actually went to the audition and got the part. So the issue is only with my other save. Is there a way to repair it? I spent quite a lot of time creating that family... Devil

Message 12 of 18 (560 Views)

Hero
@JustineJuly

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 18 (526 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JustineJuly Tested your save, there's def something broken. The work from home careers are also not working.

Since you only play one family, I would suggest to save it to the library and place in a new save. You'll loose inventory and relationship but keep all other progress.

I tested, it works on a fresh save.

To be sure: You never ever used mods/cc on this save, right ? I know you said you stayed clear of them but to make sure that's what it means.

I'll forward your save to QA though

EDIT: Also split your thread to it's own topic for easier find if someone has the same issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 18 (935 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you @crinrict! I did what you suggested and it works fine now (I didn't even know we could work from home, ha!).

FYI, I've never ever used any mod in my entire game. Ever.

Also, in case this would help, I had originally started playing with that family using the tutorial option.

Thank again! 😊

Message 15 of 18 (458 Views)

Hero
@JustineJuly Thanks for that info.

Hope it continues to work for good now. If not, feel free to come back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 18 (430 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello back @crinrict!

So now they go to their auditions but not the gigs. When the time of their gigs comes, they simply don't go and it won't disappear from their career panels. I tried canceling the gigs to get new auditions, but it's the same: they pass the audition but don't go to the gig. And it's only with that same family.

The other one I created for testing goes to gigs fine. This is strange as they're both in the same save.

Would you have an idea of why? 😭

Thanks so much again for your valuable help! 

Message 17 of 18 (405 Views)

Hero
@JustineJuly That's a known bug.

Just me too this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/td-p/8...

There's a workaround in the thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 18 (396 Views)