Sims don't go inside after work until about 75 minutes have gone by

by CaseyandLeanna

Original Post

Sims don't go inside after work until about 75 minutes have gone by

★ Novice

Origin installation of The Sims 4, no DLCs at all. No mods at all. Installed on a modern mid-range PC that can play all AAA titles.

When Sims return home from work, they stand on the sidewalk and do absolutely nothing for about 75 minutes. After that they usually go on their phone or something before going inside. This happens to both of the sims in the household of two. I can manually get them to do something after they return from work but I feel it should be automatic like when they leave for work (which is working perfectly).  

Message 1 of 6 (438 Views)

Re: Sims don't go inside after work until about 75 minutes have gone by

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@CaseyandLeanna
But I think that after entering the house they are already undertaking some activities themselves.
It is normal. Returning from work is like a sim reset. It always takes a while before they start working normally. It depends on the amount of RAM available for the game. In my game, it takes about 10 minutes, but I have a lot of RAM and a fast disk.
Clearing the cache file in game folder every now and then may help to speed up them a bit.

Message 2 of 6 (425 Views)

★ Novice

I have 16gb of 3000mhz ram and the game is running off of an M.2 SSD that has crazy fast speeds. The game loads and runs super well on my computer. When I say 75 minutes, I mean in game minutes just for clarification. If it took just 10 in game minutes, that'd be completely fine.

Message 3 of 6 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@CaseyandLeanna
For me it is 10 minutes in game, Sometimes faster, so your problem is serious if you have such a good computer
,Have you a mods? If yes move mods folder to the desktop and tray without. to check. Sometimes mods slow down the game.
Clean the cache file.
To clear the cache you need to delete folders: cache, cachestr, onlinethumbnailcache and localhumbcache, package file. The game will create new ones
if this does not help you need to reset the game but first try what I wrote above.

Message 4 of 6 (391 Views)

★ Novice

I did a full reset and deleted the cache files and that didn't work. I then installed The Sims 4 on a completely different computer. I moved a sim into a house, got them a job, and the same exact issue is happening. 75 minutes or so to go into the home on their own after returning from work. If they return from visiting somewhere in the world it's only about 10 minutes.

Message 5 of 6 (371 Views)

Hero (Retired)
It can be it! My sim is not working so I was comparing his time after normal the visit.
To tell the truth, I have too little patience to wait for him to move, probably most players also do not wait so no one has reported this so far.
It looks like a game bug, although it is not dangerous but I believe it must be annoying, Well nothing is perfect and TS4 is long way from such perfection.
Message 6 of 6 (355 Views)