Re: Sims don‘t get a tan (Island living)

by Cher151

Original Post

Re: My Sims tan, but get no color

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MikeTWilde

Some mods use skins.
You didn't have to install CC skins yourself. In order for this error to occur it is enough that you have a mod that uses it.
So if you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop and try without it
I don't work for EA

Message 21 of 32 (1,143 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game is exactly the same, my sim will get uncomfortable and will get the sunburnt emoticon but her skin tone will look exactly the same with no tan lines, HELP!

Message 22 of 32 (908 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SDQOW13 My game let me see the tan and burns for a few weeks after I got the pack. Now it’s just the moodlet
Message 23 of 32 (822 Views)

Hero
@AL40491 Are you using any custom skin tones ? If so, did you check for updates ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 32 (805 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I haven’t added any custom skins for over a year, which is longer then the pack has been out so that can’t be it.
Message 25 of 32 (796 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@AL40491

It sounds logical but you forgot one thing. In the meantime, there were a lot of game patches and after each patch, some CC will be corrupted and will no longer be compatible with the game.
If you wouldn't be done any updates to the game, this tan would still work. Remove all skins from the mods folder and test one by one to find which one is broken.

I don't work for EA
Message 26 of 32 (783 Views)

Hero
@AL40491 Does that mean you don't have ANY at all or just that you didn't add any new ones ?

Old ones can get outdated with patches, especially if something essentially skin changing like tan happens.

So, if you're using any that are pre-IL patch, they are likely to no longer work with the game and you need to remove them and get updated ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 32 (763 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Most of my Sims aren’t even wearing custom skins, so I really don’t think it has anything to do with them.
Message 28 of 32 (753 Views)

Hero
@AL40491 Hope someone else can help you then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 32 (746 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My tanning worked just last week. Two of my Sims moved to the beach go to school part time. It was so cute. One gal had red hair and she got a great tan. After the update, I could not get it to work. I am so bummed. I didn't change anything in my game. It just worked. Wondering

Spoiler

Message 30 of 32 (683 Views)