Re: My Sims tan, but get no color

by MikeTWilde

Original Post

My Sims tan, but get no color

★★★ Apprentice

They sat out in the sun for a couple hours on Sulanil, but got no tan. I got moodlets they were burnt, but they were pale as a ghost. They even acted in pain afterwards, from burn. White as a ghost. Please help. 

Thank you!

Message 11 of 32 (1,858 Views)

@Cher151  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 32 (1,855 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks! I have so many bugs I am working on with this update, I cant keep my head on strait. 

Message 13 of 32 (1,844 Views)

Re: Sims don‘t get a tan (Island living)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@danajawad wrote:

Same problem! I had the tanning mod before, deleted it and had a batch fix through sims studio. My sims won't get a tan nor a sunburn, even it says they're burned. I also have the 'only teeth showing' problem! Random townies have only teeth showing, no eyes no nothing! I've been trying to solve these problems by deleting the localthumbchache file, also by retrieving the mods backed up when applying the batch fix, deleting and updating some mods. It won't work!!!! Please help Frown

Did you also try removing all cc/mods ? Does it properly work without ? Just test on a backup of your save.

@Cher151 Are you also using mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 32 (1,827 Views)

Re: Sims don‘t get a tan (Island living)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I do use a mod in my game tbat gives them a red face if they are embarrassed. I will try & delete it and see if that's what caused it.
Message 15 of 32 (1,749 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Cher151

Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with the random sim and play for 10 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder working properly.

I don't work for EA
Message 16 of 32 (1,741 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@kreatora I've done that fix before with all my mods & CC and it worked, with the origin fix thing. It took quite awhile though. I dont feel very comfortable messing with the tray files. Cant that mess with the game? I'll do my mod folder & see if that helps. Thanks!
Message 17 of 32 (1,731 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Cher151

TS4. this is such a strange game that can regenerate itself and fix itself. You just need to help her a little. EVERYTHING that is in the game folder in Documents can be thrown into the trash basket but as soon as the next day you turn on the game there will be a miracle - everything will be shown there again. Of course, all but the contents of the folders that you filled up. So there will be a Tray folder - this is your library but empty. The same applies to the saves folder and mods folder. So the only three folders that you need to protect are saves, mods, and Tray. Why do you need to copy the TrayDeleteItems file? You can skip it but in this file are all the houses that Maxis once placed in your library and you threw them out, of course. If this file is not copied, again these houses will fill your library and if you will like to throw away this "gift", this takes you 15 minutes.

Message 18 of 32 (1,721 Views)

★★★ Novice

My problem is solved. I have removed all of my mods, and it turned out that custom skins were causing the problem. They have not been updated so they are not programmed to show tan and sunburns with happen to the underneath skin.

Message 19 of 32 (1,680 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@danajawad wrote:

My problem is solved. I have removed all of my mods, and it turned out that custom skins were causing the problem. They have not been updated so they are not programmed to show tan and sunburns with happen to the underneath skin.

See, my game seems to think I have custom skin tones installed, but I don’t have any. It’s super weird... I get the cc symbol on the skin tones, but I haven’t installed any custom skins, and it’s only some, not all of them.

Message 20 of 32 (1,648 Views)