by crinrict

Original Post

Sims don't do what told

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine outm, spa day, outdoor retreat, first pet, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, vintage glamour, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky stuff, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio, celebration pack, grim's ghoulish guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i do not think you can. i have removed all mods from my folder except the few that i need to run one saved file, ive removed all other saved files, and sent all said mods, tray items needed and the saved file itself to others however it seems to cause no problems for them at all. it runs fine which tells me it is not the mods causing it and my save files are working.
What happens when the bug occurs? freezing, my mods will freeze mid action and stand there for hours until i manually reset them. or i will order them to do something but the action never falls into the current action queue. This often happens on movie/acting sets and the diner but happens randomly in all kinds of places. resetting sims do not help, sometimes going in and out of build mode does but not often. if i exit to the menu and go back it usually goes back to working but will inevitably go back to freezing.
What do you expect to see? i dont quite know how to respond to this, i try to make my sims do actions but instead they freeze up while the clock keeps ticking.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Ive been fighting this for days, possibly since the most recent game update which happened around the time of the release of strangertown. my game was working fine and suddenly it starts freezing. there hasn't been any changes to the game or my computer besides that.  i have tried removing and updating broken mods and when that didn't seem to work  i made a new game and chose a family of mine from my gallery or whatever its called, and tried it then, still no dice. i tried removing all tray items and mods besides what was required for this family to run with their appearances in tact. still gives the same problem. i contacted a friend and sent them those mods, the tray items needed and the save file, my friend had no problems running my game. 

i renamed the sims 4 folder so it couldn't find it and made a new one upon opening then when that didst fix it i uninstalled and reinstalled sims 4.

i loaded up my family and my one sim was at work at one of the movie lots and at first it seemed she was responding however she quickly returned to her old habits. i had her get dressed for the part and then tried to get her into hair and makeup and it did her makeup but then the hairdresser just froze and the 2 just sat there. upon forcing them to reset  i tried again and now she just stands there and never begins the action. 

i tried exiting the event and it seemed she was working again but i took my teenager and tried clicking on her boyfriend in the relationship panel, the ability to ask on date wouldn't appear. he asked her out to get drinks at the bar and she accepted but as soon as they landed there he vanished and the event ended. so she went home , this time she could ask him on a date through the relationship panel, but i chose the wrong place to do it and ended the date. tried to re-initiate the date and she just stands there. you know how when you order them to do a bunch of actions? and only like 3 can load at one point and the others are at the top and will not load until the rest of the queue is finished? well the action just sits there as if waiting to load and meanwhile my sim just stands around doing nothing. 

Message 1 of 14 (645 Views)

Re: Sims don't do what told

Hero
Hi @onica432

moving your post to tech for troubleshooting

You're saying your friend this save and didn't have any problems with it so it's only happening on your machine ?

After renaming the folder, did you put anything back (like your save) or tried a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (625 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yes, my friend tried my saves and did not have the problems so its something on my end but its not my saved files or mods. i dont know if its the game itself or somehow my computer.

i know theres a known glitch that sounds like it however its a pretty old one. 

after making the new folder i only replaced my save and a few mods.

Message 3 of 14 (617 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (614 Views)

★★★★ Novice

sure

Message 5 of 14 (603 Views)

Hero
Which drive to you have the game on and which the documents folder ?

Check if it makes any difference if you move your doc folder over to D drive: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/74952-move-location-documents-folder-windows-10-a.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (585 Views)

★★★★ Novice

no difference

Message 7 of 14 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

have you tried a new save to see if it's related to your save or not ? Preferably with no mods at all.

(and sorry if you already said so, bit tired today :D)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (576 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have yes, ive tried making a new save, ive made anew save and grabbed my family from my library and the same thing happened, i do wonder if it could be related to that family in general but i cant imagine it could. 

i have run the same family without mods and so far i havent noticed any errors but that doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any.  i would say its a problem with the mods but if the same exact mods work on my friends game set up the exact same way then i cant imagine its actually a problem with the mods.

Message 9 of 14 (567 Views)

Hero

Have you tried a clean boot ?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Maybe it's something that runs in the background.

Would be good to test on a completely fresh save with new Sims as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (548 Views)