by popkelture

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims do not complete assigned actions - just stand in place

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion, game pack, and stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I play any family, I will give the sims commands to do any task and they will sit/stand in place and stare into space for sometimes hours (in sim time) before they decide to do the action I've assigned. I've tried two different saves and it happens regardless of which lot or family.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims stand or sit in place and stare into space without doing the assigned action. When they finally decide to do the action I've asked, half the time they're late to a class or their job.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to work properly and be responsive as I play. Right now this big makes it impossible to play - it is incredibly frustrating and not even fun.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened after I installed Nifty Knitting

Not much else to say - this is so frustrating. I've spent more money on this game than I care to add up... and I know my machine exceeds the requirements necessary to run the game. I just want to be able to play!

Message 1 of 5 (1,712 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims do not complete assigned actions - just stand in place

★★★★ Novice

Once I removed all my old saves it seems to be working. (Hope I didn’t just jinx myself)

thanks for the help!

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (1,551 Views)

All Replies

Hero

HI @popkelture 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,648 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Thanks, I forgot to mention I’ve done the Origin repair, cleared Orgin files, tried a new save, made sure all drivers were updated. 

I’ll try the steps above! Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (1,621 Views)

Hero
@popkelture Have you been able to resolve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,560 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Once I removed all my old saves it seems to be working. (Hope I didn’t just jinx myself)

thanks for the help!

Message 5 of 5 (1,552 Views)