Re: Sims die of starvation out of nowhere

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims die of starvation out of nowhere

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them. Except for journey to batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I've found it just by playing the same family over a few generations
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims die of starvation, seemingly out of nowhere. The hunger goes down too fast, faster than normal, and there is no moodlet or notification indicating that they are starving.
What do you expect to see? A moodlet saying that the sim is very hungry.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've played on the same family/savefile for a few generations now. This first occured in the second generation when both of my teenagers died of starvation. One couldn't be saved but the other could, she died 3 times during her lifetime from starvation. The last time she was an elder and I gave up on trying save/revive her. I thought that maybe it was just temporary and didn't think more of it, but then it happened again in the forth generation. Thank god for ambrosia... 

It seems to be completely out of nowhere and totally random, doesn't matter if the rest of the needs are high or low and happens even if the sim ate a few hours ago. Happens to both male and female sims of all ages. The only thing in common is that the sim seems complelely fine until they die. No negative moodlet, no notification, no nothing. 

Message 1 of 4 (919 Views)

Hero
@Simonpersson98 At what point did you remove your mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (899 Views)

Hero
@Simonpersson98 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (849 Views)

Hero
@Simonpersson98 Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (810 Views)