Re: Sims can't visit my lot

by IMC_Nova

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims can't visit my lot

★★★ Novice

Hello, I have a big issue here lasting really long, I have three problems total. 

Number one and two appear randomly only one of them every time I start the game. Literally one or the other is always there but never at once.

1. Sims can't visit my lot. I can visit other sims but they can't visit me. None of active lots. If I go somewhere and call someone to come over, they won't come. Only sims who was there already.
  2. I can't sleep. I lay down to bed and sim is there for 4-5 game minutes and then get up. Can't work around this with any mods.
  3. [always present] When I go to bath, the sim will wear outfit made of random pieces in my library. Won't be naked. Tried to clean outfit with MC COMMAND CENTER but the whole body disappears instead of cleaning outfit.

Things I've tried:

1. Deleting mods. The issue won't be there without any mods but as long as I put any in the folder the issue randomly appears in 1-3 startups. So the method put few mods and find if it works doesn't do anything... By this method I ended up with 3 mods which I deleted but the next launch these errors appeared again. 
  2. Clearing cache
  3. Creating lot without any modded content.

What I found:

1. When I installed MC Command Center, it showed me the error causing number 1 error (maybe 2 also), saying there was an error in game-related script. I tried to reinstall the game and updating it but none worked.

Here is the error caught by MC Command Center. (Also attached as a file)

Please let me know how to make this work without deleting all the mods or clearing whole documents folder (I want to keep my lots and sims... and mods if possible).

Message 1 of 3 (4,409 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just want to update with how I fixed it all.

• The bug causing sims not being able to visit my lot was caused by mod made by Severinka. Namely "Severinka [VictoriaKidsroom]" set and a mod called "sd.package". I don't know what that is.
  • Issue with sleeping was not fixed until now. Without any mods it's ok, but with mods they sometimes sleep and sometimes not, so it's really hard to turn on the game and test some mods if they cause it, since it could work with the broken ones too and in an hour it won't work again. No solution
  • The clothing in bath issue was fixed by copying bathing outfit from a game-pregenerated SIM. Namely Eliza Pancakes. Use a mod called "Outfit Tools - Copy Any Outfit v2b", then select your sim and type "outfit.copy b 1 from Eliza Pancakes b 1" in cheat window and your bathing outfit will be permanently fixed (naked). Alternatively you can copy the outfit from another same-gender sim who has it fixed, but it's only these generated by the game.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (4,434 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@IMC_Nova

So the game worked like it should with no mods at all? 

Then I think the only way is to find out which ones are broken, I'm sorry, playing your game with broken mods will lead to this.

If you create a new save called "test" or something, you will not mess anything up in your other games by entering a house or such without your mods.

IYou can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• Always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the Jungle Adventure patch
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018
    In the forums, there's also a list for Cats&Dogs if you had this problem a long time.
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, or if the mods are not made for the Sims 4, not between mods and the game)
  • Remove all mods and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods). You can start sorting out mods that change your gameplay, like script mods/traits/new food/whatnot. They usually create bigger problems than clothing and furniture.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3 (4,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just want to update with how I fixed it all.

• The bug causing sims not being able to visit my lot was caused by mod made by Severinka. Namely "Severinka [VictoriaKidsroom]" set and a mod called "sd.package". I don't know what that is.
  • Issue with sleeping was not fixed until now. Without any mods it's ok, but with mods they sometimes sleep and sometimes not, so it's really hard to turn on the game and test some mods if they cause it, since it could work with the broken ones too and in an hour it won't work again. No solution
  • The clothing in bath issue was fixed by copying bathing outfit from a game-pregenerated SIM. Namely Eliza Pancakes. Use a mod called "Outfit Tools - Copy Any Outfit v2b", then select your sim and type "outfit.copy b 1 from Eliza Pancakes b 1" in cheat window and your bathing outfit will be permanently fixed (naked). Alternatively you can copy the outfit from another same-gender sim who has it fixed, but it's only these generated by the game.

Message 3 of 3 (4,435 Views)