Re: Sims can't use computer[SOLVED]

by Papayaa2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims can't use computer[SOLVED]

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When I try to get my sim to use the computer, nothing happens. I tried resetting(debugging) the computer using testingcheats but that didn't fix the problem. I also tried switching to different computers (both cc and non-cc ones) and restarting the game but nothing works. The problem just appeared randomly while I was playing the Sims 4. One second everything was fine and suddenly my sims can't use the computer anymore.

[EDIT]:

Nevermind I solved it. I just had to sell the desk and chair and rebuy them, but don't know which fixed the problem.

Message 1 of 20 (124,013 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@raynechii wrote:

[EDIT]:

Nevermind I solved it. I just had to sell the desk and chair and rebuy them, but don't know which fixed the problem.

Reposting and marking as solved to increase visibility

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (130,516 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@raynechii wrote:

[EDIT]:

Reposting and marking as solved to increase visibility

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (130,517 Views)

★ Novice

Sadly the selling and re-buying didn't work for me

Message 3 of 20 (116,692 Views)

Hero
Could you give a few more details what happens for you ? Do they wave when you try use the computer or just simply not want to do the command ? Do you have issues with other commands ? Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (116,673 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue. The Sim tries to sit down, then my sim is "jumping" back into the standing position and the task to use the computer has broken up. I erased all Mods already, but that didn't solve the problem Frown

Message 5 of 20 (115,055 Views)

★★ Novice

I figured it out. And I'm mad I haven't tried other options before: The bug only appeared when I wanted my Sim to continue her book. So I just had to scrap the book and everything was fine again. I really wish I thought of such a simple solution earlier before I repaired and tried to reset the game :') 

Message 6 of 20 (115,047 Views)

★★ Novice

Same for me. I Debugged everything (desk, computer, chair and the sim) but nothing's working. The action bubble appears for a second then dissapears. Help

Message 7 of 20 (115,029 Views)

Hero

Hi @mizutheseaweed

are you using any mods/cc in your game ? If so, have you tried removing those to make sure that's not the issue ?

Mods/cc get outdated with patches and need to be kept up-to-date

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (115,006 Views)

★★ Novice

No i was not using any mods but whatever happened, Its okay now. It works.

Message 9 of 20 (114,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Glad to hear. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (114,793 Views)