Re: Sims can't try for baby

by ohmsbritt

Original Post

Sims can't try for baby

★★★ Newbie

Okay so there is no try for baby option. The couple is married and full friendship and romance bars. There is woohoo and that works, but there is no try for baby. Both sims are adults and live together in a house that is not full.

Message 1 of 16 (67,492 Views)

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 16 (67,472 Views)

★ Novice

I have this same issue and haven't been able to find a solution. I have read every thread about it I can possibly find online and none have solved it.

I have two Sims who started dating and then moved in together - one is custom created, one came with the city living expansion pack.

They have maxed out romance and friendship scores, they have a fully accessible double bed in the apartment and I've gotten them flirty etc. They CAN woohoo, but there is no 'try for a baby' option. Other sims in my game in other couples DO have the 'try for a baby' option, including ones with much lower relationship scores.

- they are both young adults

- I have checked on CAS that the male sim is capable of getting sims pregnant and the female sim is capable of getting pregnant

- I've tried the CAS edit cheat suggestion where you change their age - still doesn't give the baby option

- I have tried going to another lot to see if they can try for a baby in a bush or anything, but still only woohoo shows

- I have quit the game/changed household/etc and still have the same problem when I come back to them

- I don't have any mods or custom content, or anything downloaded beyond the base game and expansion packs

I'm completely stuck, no idea what to try next. Can anyone advise???

Message 3 of 16 (67,428 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (67,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if they are both males in a gay couple type cas.fulleditmode into the cheat panel and then shift+click onto the sim and click "modify in CAS" then under genders click the "..." and allow him to get pregnant.

Message 5 of 16 (62,180 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try to save that household to the gallery then make a new household in a new world and add them into that household.

Message 6 of 16 (57,271 Views)

★ Novice

I had this same issue but found out that the sims 4 does not allow ghosts to have babies so if one is a ghost that is why! 

Also I have the new island expansion and I found out about ghosts because I asked a island elemental to "invite to household" which then they don't transform to human they stay ghosts 

So to fix that I had to get both characters talking then go to world management save game and split household. Then go back to them and automatically ask them to hang out (if they leave you can not have them over again and calling the elementals will have a new one with them.) So then make sure your friendship is 100% then it will let you "ask to move in" and then he became a human! And now they can try for a baby

Message 7 of 16 (56,049 Views)

★ Novice
@lambssims One may be infertile or transgendered. I am having that issue now. I got the magic pack and made my Sim marry one of the sage sims. My sim is fully fertile (you can select that in create-a-sim). The sage had a wosh to 'try for baby' but when I try all I have is woohoo. Their friendship and romance bars are both maxed out. So, it's a Magic Realm glitch (a few of those are noted) or perhaps the sage sim was created to not be able to reproduce. The blonde sage's features are also somewhat feminine to me so I thought they might be trans!
Message 8 of 16 (55,772 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same lack of try for a baby option with the same Sage from the magic pack.  Both relationship bars are at maximum and I have no custom content or mods in my game at all.  They can woohoo with no problem.  I was wondering if the Sages were designed not to be able to reproduce or whether it was a glitch too.  The Sage in my game is not a member of the household though so I have not accessed him in CAS to see what the settings are in respect of pregnancy for him. 

Message 9 of 16 (55,551 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you do the Cas.fulleditmode, and click on the male sage, he won't be able to gave kids. He can't have kids unless you change his 'This is will be able to...' section to 'gets others pregnant'. Currently he is on neither. So he cannot have children. In order to do the CAS they do have to be married.

Hope this helps! 

Message 10 of 16 (55,325 Views)