Re: Sims can't travel together if they live in Strangerville

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims can't travel together if they live in Strangerville

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all the expansions, game packs, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to have sims from Strangerville travel with other sims from Strangerville
What happens when the bug occurs? From what I've seen if a sim lives in Strangerville they can't travel with other sims that live in Strangerville or call from the phone (though I can call them if I look through my friends list and find them and click chat), and sims from other worlds that know sims from Strangerville can't travel with the sims or call the sims who live in Strangerville either. Also if you have sims living together in Strangerville and they're on different lots, you can't have the other sims come to current lot, the option isn't there to do so. I have completed the Strangerville story once and I decided to revive the mother and picked the lowest level of weirdness, however this travel problem was happening before I revived her. I haven't played with anyone who lives in Strangerville or traveled with anyone from Strangerville since before the April patch, but I know that I wasn't having this problem in February. I also moved a family out of Strangerville to a different world and I had no problems traveling with them together or bringing the sims to the current lot, but as soon as I moved them back to Strangerville it went back to not being able to travel together. The best way I can describe what happens is kind of like when you're friends with a ghost and you can't travel or talk with them on the phone because their picture doesn't show up as an option, well the people in Strangerville's pictures aren't showing up as an option for travel or calling on the phone as if they were ghost sims.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to travel with sims and call them like normal, even if they live in Strangerville.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed this problem after the April patch, I really don't remember having this from any previous patches.

I'm posting this here just to see if anyone else has had this problem because I couldn't find any information on it, and I found it very strange.  Right now it's late and I don't feel like testing it more, but if you haven't heard of this problem before or no one else is having it, then I'll do some further testing for it to try to see what could be causing it.

Message 1 of 5 (923 Views)

Hero
Have you tested this on a save without any mods/cc as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (898 Views)

★ Guide

Not yet no, I haven't done a whole lot of testing on it, I was just seeing first if anyone was having this problem as well since I'm pretty busy since it's around Easter and don't have time to do some deep testing on it.  If no one else really seems to be having this happen then I'll do some more testing without mods and new games and things and see if it still happens.

Message 3 of 5 (878 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Moving this to the tech forum for now until you have the time to test then.

I really need issues in the bug forum tested on a vanilla game first, @Aveliexa

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (873 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem I could only Chat or Send Text to them from the Relationships menu. The reason turned out to be they were on Vacation, I went on Vacation and then I could Travel with them or use the Invite to Hangout interaction.

Message 5 of 5 (570 Views)