Re: Sims can't sit on chairs and couches

by uncreativeirene

Original Post

Sims can't sit on chairs and couches

★★★★★ Novice

Hey everyone, so after the Pets patch my Sims are unable to sit on chairs, stools and couches. The "Sit" option simply won't appear when I click a couch, only "Nap". Chairs and stools can't even be clicked because there are no interaction options. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :eahigh_file:

Message 1 of 6 (5,979 Views)

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (5,971 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I took out my entire Mods folder and started a new game. That seemed to work so I tried using the 50/50 method to figure out which file was causing the problem, but everything seemed to be working fine? Then with everything back in the Mods folder I started a new game with my own Sims and then the problem started again. This is really confusing? I don't have any CC couches, chairs, beds or stools by the way.

Message 3 of 6 (5,959 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@uncreativeirene

Maybe you have two mods that are trying to access the same files and are screwing it up for each other? You could try one of the following things:

Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again.

If the problem started after the update that came with Cats&Dogs, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the latest patch Standard smile
https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch/

Good Luck!

____________________________________________________________________

If you find an answer helpful, give your fellow simmers some XP! Also remember to click "Accept as solution" if a post answered your question.

Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

Message 4 of 6 (5,954 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I ran a scan through my Mods folder, removed all of the ones that conflicted, checked the list and deleted all of my broken mods, yet I'm still having the same problem. Wondering

Message 5 of 6 (5,948 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@uncreativeirene

Hm.. but id DID work when you removed them altogether?
So it must be a cc-issue.
What you could try is a more time-extensive version of the 50/50-method..

Remove all your mods, and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. And then using the 50/50 in the last added mods every time the problem occurs.
Remember that you can possible have several broken mods. Frown

____________________________________________________________________

If you find an answer helpful, give your fellow simmers some XP! Also remember to click "Accept as solution" if a post answered your question.

Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 6 (5,925 Views)