Sims camera controls are messed up after Windows Update

by kikinizzy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims camera controls are messed up after Windows Update

★★★★ Novice

I just did an update on my computer and I think that's the only thing I've done since I last launched the game that might have caused this, but whenever I try to control the camera in CAS and Live mode/Build Buy, when using the middle button on my mouse to rotate the camera (sims 3 camera) it seems unusually sensitive and isn't working the same as before. It's like, when you press the button you know how there's a camera logo that is locked in place on screen (as usual) but now whenever I move the mouse the camera spins depending on what side of the logo it's on rather than which direction I'm moving the mouse. I don't know if that makes any sense, and I thought maybe I could get used to it and move on but it's starting to make the game really frustrating and I don't know how to fix it.

Message 1 of 3 (1,307 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims camera controls are messed up after Windows Update

@kikinizzy  Please disable any overlays you have running while you play: Steam, Discord, etc.  Please also disable Origin in-game.  Hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please test in fullscreen, windowed fullscreen, and windowed modes, and let me know whether the middle mouse button function works normally in any of them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,286 Views)

All Replies

@kikinizzy  Please disable any overlays you have running while you play: Steam, Discord, etc.  Please also disable Origin in-game.  Hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please test in fullscreen, windowed fullscreen, and windowed modes, and let me know whether the middle mouse button function works normally in any of them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,287 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the help, I turned off all the overlays I have and it seems to have worked. No idea which one does the trick, I'll have to test them one by one.

Message 3 of 3 (1,271 Views)