Re: Sims and pets disappear when returning to a lot

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims and pets disappear when returning to a lot

★★★★ Novice

This has happened a couple of times recently but when my Sims go away from their lot (restaurants, work events, etc.), they'll come back and the pet has disappeared. The pet's icon is greyed out and it will say the pet is at home, but they are nowhere to be found. A few times, both the Sim and pet have vanished like this.

It's only happened, so far, with Sims living in apartments but I haven't tested Sims in houses yet. 

Any suggestions? Has this happened with anyone else?

Message 1 of 3 (263 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@astraanomical

If you have any mods move the mods folder to desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix game in Origin. If you don't have mods fix the game also.
Always save the game with the option "save as." Overwriting old saves which you have played by long time by simple "save and quit" option can result such errors.
I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (247 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@astraanomical

If you have any mods move the mods folder to desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix game in Origin. If you don't have mods fix the game also.
Always save the game with the option "save as." Overwriting old saves which you have played by long time by simple "save and quit" option can result such errors.
I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (248 Views)

Hero

Hi @astraanomical

I'm locking this thread as you also posted in the bug forum.

Please only create one thread in one of the forums.

Here's your other thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-and-pets-disappear-when-returning-to-lot/td-p/7336126/jum...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (243 Views)