Re: Sims Won't Woohoo In Shower

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Won't Woohoo In Shower

★★ Novice

I'm having an issue in the game where the option for woohooing in the shower is grayed out, saying that "You need a potential lover on the lot." although my sims are either in a relationship or even married. The relationship bar is pretty much maxed out in green and the sims do not have the hydrophohic trait. It also doesn't matter where I put the shower; the option for woohooing in the shower still stays grayed out with the same message. Help?

Message 1 of 12 (13,296 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I found out what was wrong; it was an issue with my cache files. It is working now. But, thank you for the help.

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (14,857 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Does it matter with which sim you initiate the woohoo ? Did you try replacing the shower with a different model ? Resetting the Sims ? Moving them out and back in ?

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (13,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

No, it doesn't matter which Sim I choose. Although, when I was playing the Sims yesterday, I tried to see if the same situation occurred with another one of my families and I saw that the husband can't initiate the woohoo in the shower, but the wife can. But, when she went over to the husband, the interaction icon disappeared as if I didn't tell her to do anything. This was only in this particular family though; in the others I've played, the Sims can't initiate the shower woohoo at all. I also tried different shower models and resetting the husband and wife, but both things did not work. I didn't try moving them in and out of the house though. And no, I'm not using any mods in my game. I also checked my saved game files and I didn't see any .bad files, so I don't think there's any corruption?

Message 3 of 12 (13,276 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Can you try if it works in a new game to see if it's related to the installation or the savegame.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (13,271 Views)

★★ Novice

I found out what was wrong; it was an issue with my cache files. It is working now. But, thank you for the help.

Message 5 of 12 (14,858 Views)

Hero

Great to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (13,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is an old post and you may not remember but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere else.  What was wrong with your cache files?  I am having the same problem and cannot figure out how to fix it.

Message 7 of 12 (12,795 Views)

Hero

Go to documents\ea\thesims3 and delete these files

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (12,793 Views)

★★ Novice

I know this is forever old, but I am having the same issue. I deleted those cache files and no change. What else can I try?

My sim's goal is to woohoo in 5 different places, which is much harder to do when they can't take advantage of showers...

Message 9 of 12 (7,202 Views)

@PSimonX  Try moving the shower away from the wall to the middle of the bathroom.  (Or, I guess you could put it in the middle of the living room or something.)  If that doesn't work, buy a different shower.

There are plenty of places for your sim to woohoo besides a shower though, for example any rabbithole community lot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 12 (7,167 Views)