Re: Sims Won't Change Clothes

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Won't Change Clothes

★★★ Novice

So in my current save file I have two married sims. One will change his clothes when prompted, like when showering, sleeping, swimming, going to work, etc. The other will not, he stays in his every day clothes regardless of what he's doing. I can get him to manually change clothes but it's bugging me because when he goes to work as a detective he's in his civilian clothes. I have taken all CC out of my game and it hasn't helped, I repaired the game, I reset the sim, I evicted the family and put them back in, nothings working. 

Anyone experienced something similar or know what to do? 

Message 1 of 12 (33,059 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

So I before I tried your solution I found a very weird work around. I pulled them up in CAS, created his identical twin, deleted him, redressed his twin and named him as him and then saved the family and now everything is fine. Maybe not ethical to kill your husband and marry his twin just because he's not changing clothes but... ;P

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (35,921 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Could you try the following to see if the issue persists in a new game (for testing purposes)

1. Upload the Sim to your library or the gallery
  2. Start a new game and enter CAS
  3. Download the Sim to CAS to make a new household with it
  4. Change all his clothing to something different
  5. Place him into the game
  6. Check if it persists.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (33,002 Views)

★★★ Novice

I will try this but I'd really rather find a different solution, this sim is part of a file that I have developed a really heavy story for and am on the second generation of so I'd hate to just up and lose the whole file. 

Message 3 of 12 (32,998 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I before I tried your solution I found a very weird work around. I pulled them up in CAS, created his identical twin, deleted him, redressed his twin and named him as him and then saved the family and now everything is fine. Maybe not ethical to kill your husband and marry his twin just because he's not changing clothes but... ;P

Message 4 of 12 (35,922 Views)

Hero

My solution would have been just to try if that work. Since you already found another way though, we won't need to pursue this further :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (32,979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue not being able to change clothes on a SIM. I cleared my cache, force stopped the app, changed the SIM to swim wear, then everyday clothes. Problem solved. 

Message 6 of 12 (28,433 Views)

@jeanieb1388 have you tried the solution? This is a rather old post, maybe you can make a new post if the solution doesn't work for you?
If you could add some information like if you're using CC or mods in your game that would be great!

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 12 (28,413 Views)

★ Novice

So, I am having a similar problem, ( And yes, I do realize this thing was made 2 years ago) my sims will not change properly, say a sim will go to bed, the sim will stay in Everyday wear, regardless of their action. I do have Mods/CC and MC Command Centre, and I've tried checking for broken cc, but barely anything broken. ( I did remove the broken cc/mods ) MC Command centre is up to date, ( as all my other mods ) The problem only occurs in Children to Elders. Toddlers are normal but will not be nude in the bath tub or the " Run Around Naked " action. They will stay in what they were in before. When my young adult sims will go to bed, take a bath/shower or do something that requires changing for a specific action, they will stay in what they were wearing, previous to their action. This only started today, in my new game folder. I started off with a normal townie or the normal random sim you get when pressing "New Game" on the menu page. I'm still trying to figure out the glitch, but nothing new so far, the glitch irritates me very much, because I love making story type Sims with backgrounds with the most realistic gameplay as The Sims 4 can get. I do not own very crazy mods like for more in depth control over sims or mods for Mod The Sims to make or do special things, and I do not have anything that requires a mod to use in game, like furniture or like a "toaster". Please reply As Soon As Possible. And or when you have time, considering how many bugs you guys probably deal with on the daily that requires a lot of work. So, on that note, I'd just want to say, you're work is appreciated very much!

Thanks Again!

Message 8 of 12 (25,980 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@Stardustgirl88 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 12 (25,859 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the exact same issue

Message 10 of 12 (23,344 Views)