Sims Will Not Use the Toilet or Bathe with Spouses in the Same Room

by Netjera

Original Post

Sims Will Not Use the Toilet or Bathe with Spouses in the Same Room

★★★ Novice

Has anyone else had this problem?  I'm playing The Sims 4 on PC.  I have the base game only.  No expansions, mods or stuff packs.  I've been patched once, last week, by Origin.  I AM currently experiencing the bug where sims will not sit to eat, but block the fridge.  (I don't know if that's related or not.)

I'm running a Sim couple who have a new baby.  This problem has been happening since they got married, and has continued after the birth.  Neither of them will use the toilet or bathe with the other one in the restroom.  Their relationship is maxxed, and they're married, deeply in love, and have the soul-mates aspiration.  (I can't tell if it's been fulfilled or not.  When I hover over one or the other of them, it says soul mate - but the aspiration still hasn't been fulfilled for the one who has it.)

This used to work in earlier versions of The Sims, if their relationships were high enough.  Now I'm not sure what's going on.  It's annoying, because if one is at the sink brushing his teeth, the other will pee herself outside the room, waiting until he's done.  This was especially annoying during pregnancy.

Is this a bug, or something else?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (1,087 Views)

Re: Sims Will Not Use the Toilet or Bathe with Spouses in the Same Room

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Netjera

Looks like their relationship is bugged.
Try to fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Libary - right-click on TS4 - option "repair game".
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
If it will not work.
Save them to the library and check their relationship in CAS.
Go to the game folder in Documents, find and delete localthumbcache.package file and all folders that have the word "cache" in the name. The game will recreate them but without saved errors

The problem is that there is not much way to fix broken relationships during the game.
Practically, if repairing the game does not help, nothing will help.
The only solution is to save this family in CAS and to be absolutely sure that this bug will disappear, you must separate them in this CAS. Save the guy separately. Only then can you connect them again and set the same family relationships in CAS again.
Each saved member of this family will not lose its achievements and career level. Even if one of them published a book or song, he would still be paid for it.
Then you have two options:
Switch in the old game to another family and remove the current one from the game. Save their house to the library and delete it. Now enter this newly created family from your library on an empty lot, add them cash using the motherlode code. Then, in the build mode, download their old house onto the lot.
The second option is to start a new game with them

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 2 (1,076 Views)