Sims Un-enrolled from University After Most Recent Update

by kammy406

Original Post

Sims Un-enrolled from University After Most Recent Update

★★★ Novice

Exited game to update some mods & update game. After relaunching the game and current save file, my sims aren't enrolled to university anymore. I've tried taking out my mods and cc and repairing the game, but it didn't work. If I try to re-enroll them, they would have to start over with needing to take 12 classes in order to graduate. My sims were almost done and were close to graduating.

If anyone knows what I could do to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Message 1 of 5 (641 Views)

Re: Sims Un-enrolled from University After Most Recent Update

@kammy406  Try restoring a backup save.  Instructions are here (scroll down to "How do I restore a backup?"):

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (629 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I've tried restoring a backup in-game and it didn't work.

Message 3 of 5 (619 Views)

@kammy406  Okay, try loading the saves in a clean folder.  The best approach would be to manually restore the backups, as in, rename the save files themselves when you're ready to use them.

Move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto the desktop.  Launch the game to create a clean folder, and quit.  Then go into the saves folder inside the old game folder, highlight your save files, and right-click and select Copy.  Go into the saves folder inside the new game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, right-click in the empty space, and select Paste.  (If there's anything in that folder already, you can trash it first.)  Now do the same thing: try your current save, and then your backups.

If this doesn't work, I'm not sure what else you can do, other than maybe use cheats or mods to grant the academic progress you want.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (566 Views)

University Problems after November 25 2019 Update

★★★ Novice

Updated game November 25. I had 4 sims enrolled to university before the update, now only 2 of them are enrolled. If I try to re-enroll them, they would have to start over with needing to take 12 classes to graduate. My sims had 4 classes left and I really don't want to go through getting to the point all over again. Please help!

Message 5 of 5 (573 Views)