Sims Season 3 Problems (Can't Skip Intro + Weather Stopped Changing)

by Nicklypuff7

Original Post

Sims Season 3 Problems (Can't Skip Intro + Weather Stopped Changing)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I am having two issues with my copy of The Sims Season 3 on my PC. The game won't allow me to skip the intro anymore by pressing Enter. Also the game has stopped changing seasons for my lot where the season in the overworld is Autumn/Fall, but the season on my lot is stuck in Summer.

Thank you to anyone who can give me help resolving these issues.

Message 1 of 2 (865 Views)

Re: Sims Season 3 Problems (Can't Skip Intro + Weather Stopped Changing)

@Nicklypuff7  Can you skip the intro by clicking the screen, or does that not work either?  Have you ever used cheats or mods to mess with the weather?  Do you ever switch saves at the Main Menu, rather than quitting to desktop before opening the new one?

The first and simplest thing to try is to delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 game folder in Documents.  They should be deleted regularly anyway, and while you're troubleshooting, delete them every time you quit the game.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If this alone doesn't help, pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Please make sure that you can now skip the intro; if you can't, let me know.  Then go into your old game folder and copy the Saves folder, and paste it into the new game folder.  (Delete the cache files again.)  If the save that's giving you trouble takes place in a custom world, you can install that, but don't add anything else to the new game folder.  Test the lot that has the wrong season, and let me know whether it's fixed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (846 Views)