Re: Sims Portraits won't update to show sims in proper outfits.

by graceymanors

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Portraits won't update to show sims in proper outfits.this is old thread

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This issue first happened on my old computer, I just got a nw computer a few days ago and at first I didn't have the issue after about 2 days of gameplay it came back.

My issue with sim portraits- My sim's potrait wont update or wont show her wearing the right outfit.When she changes into everyday, it shows her wearing the wrong everyday, when she changes into formal it shows her wearing sleepwear. 

have tried 

1.Starting a new game and testing it in a new world, with new sim.Same issue. 
2.I tried deleating my game's files and starting a vanilla game. 
3.All CC & mods removed properly. 

Nothing worked.I notice its only with female sims, and with formal wear, career outfits & sleepwear. 

Any ideas? 

Thinking it was bad CC I removed all of it, including mods and this did not work. 

I just completely uninstalled the game physically and it still didn't work. 

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woxbIekLvAU&feature=youtu.be 

(This is from old laptop, but it is happening on new as well)
Here you can see he's wearing formal, but it shows him in everyday on his icons.It has been 3 sim weeks in game. 

Forgot to mention that the little icons keep blinking like their trying to update.It doesn't make the game unplayable, but it is extremely annoying. 

I should say, their hair updates when I change their hair, but their outfits will not. 

And yes their legit copies, bought and paid for on amazon and direct2drive/gamefly. 

I just uninstalled all the games completely and went and tested it using only the base game, and a premade sim in sunset valley.Still does not work.

I am in a vanilla game now.And it is still not updating. 

And EA says they do not provide gameplay support.

Message 1 of 10 (6,531 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hope to get round to your file tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (7,262 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar issue.  The outfit on my sim nor the portrait will update.

Message 2 of 10 (6,526 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem. The blinking would be very distracting to me.

On the TS3 Forum, it was suggested to go to Edit Town and evict, then replace your family back in their own home.

Since I lost the  portrait panel pictures of  two unicorns and a cat, I tried that and, once again, my entire family had their portraits intact.

The thing is, not everything works for everybody. It would be an easy fix and is worth a try, though.

Message 3 of 10 (6,519 Views)

★★★ Guide

Okay, so this issue is somewhat fixed.

Her large portrait will change to the correct outfit, but takes about 20 minutes, but the sleepwear,formalwear, athletic, and career is still messed up.

Her small portrait(the square box) will not update unless I go to edit town and switch households and go back.Frown

Message 4 of 10 (6,506 Views)

Hero

Hope to get round to your file tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (7,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Thank you.The issue has fixed it self completely...I have no clue what happened.On my old computer, it happened right after my sim moved into a new house and ever since then its been wonked, but now its working okay.

Message 6 of 10 (6,491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@graceymanorsPress L1 to change the outfits for each category like formal wear everyday clothing sleep etc. Keep pressing until you find the outfit you need to replace for the portait. I did it and it worked.

Message 7 of 10 (2,314 Views)

That sounds like a console control, but thanks for sharing the info regardless.

Since this thread is from 2012, I'l lock it here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 10 (2,298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@moriahrandle1996 that’s not actually the issue I was having, but this thread is from way back in 2012 I’m not in need of a solution anymore.Large smile I switched computers many many times since then lol might wanna look at thread dates usually  threads older than a year  the person probably fixed their issue Standard smile

Message 9 of 10 (2,265 Views)

★★★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict Thank you I do t want people thinking I need help with this still
Message 10 of 10 (2,264 Views)