Sims Not Starting??

by DearDelcy

Original Post

Sims Not Starting??

★ Novice

I have recently downloaded TS4 for free, and spent a couple hours going around looking for custom content and mods. I've made sure I've inputted them right, all of them are package files (under 'mods') and those that aren't are in the Tray folder like they're supposed to be. But the game won't start. I've tried doing 'update game' multiple times and it always says I'm ready to go and up to date, and without the mods it plays, but I don't know what the problem is with the mods. Whenever I press the Sims icon, it brings me ot the sims page on the origin app- and whenever I press play, it doesn't even load sims, just briefly loads and stays on the origin app.

Message 1 of 4 (292 Views)

Re: Sims Not Starting??

@DearDelcy  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section, since this now sounds like a game issue rather than a problem with Origin.  You'll get Sims-specific help here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (265 Views)

★ Novice
I've actually figured my issue out-- ufhwi I think I have too many mods! I'm trying to cut down now, and hopefully that helps. (I got rid of a big chunk by storing them in another, unrelated folder and it started up. It could be that there are too much, or that one of them is problematic though.)
Message 3 of 4 (244 Views)

Hero
Hi @DearDelcy

it's usually a specific one or a conflict.

Too many would probably just slow your game down a lot and or maybe make your game crash if your computer can't handle them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (228 Views)